Fiddle Tune

bjornpdx

Fiddle tune

I got the Indiginus Fiddle vst couple weeks ago and came up with this
sort of Celtic/Irish tune.  Really liking the Indiginus fiddle as well as their Renaxxance nylon string guitar.

Thanks for listening/commenting.

Indiginus Renaxxance
Indiginus Fiddle
Ilya Efimov Irish Wind Low Whistle
OTS Evolution Steel String
RealGuitar
NI Raum reverb

-Bjorn

• Like 5

I really like the composition, but with the fiddle so far out front, it's really exposed, making it obvious it's a synth. Maybe layer it with another VST?  I remember watching an interesting video (maybe from Spitfire) about adding fast volume variations to strings to make them sound more realistic.  That might work well here as well

• Like 1

Jeff  You're right about the fiddle being too upfront.  I didn't notice that after listening to the song so many times. Really should remember to put a project away for a day or so and then listen again.  Thanks!

Makke, Nigel, Tom    Thanks for the comment.s Appreciate it.  

Hi Bjorn . . . well composed, and a pleasant listen / departure from my day. I'm a fan of those Indiginus  sample libraries, and have some in my collection as well. 

You've really captured a Celtic vibe here with all those different instruments and the way you've combined  them here.

Nothing to do with your piece, but I find the fiddle sample sound a bit too smooth compared to a real fiddle, missing the intricate scratchiness and dragging of the bow.