Existential Girlfriend (power pop rock )

Clovis Ramsay

Sounds really good! A very good song! 

The power chord guitar tones drive really hard with just the right amount of crunch and the bass guitar is placed perfectly in the mix.

Drums sound very good.... not overpowering but very exciting.

The lead vocal textures and timbre are really excellent.  The voices are eq'd perfectly and they are out front where they should be. A really pro sounding recording.

American Rejects,The Darkness and Rick Springfield come to mind.

Craig 

• Thanks 1

As to Fool Who; I think that one guitar in the left can is a little lonely.
You brought in some single notes.
Now you're building up the backing track; OK.

I would double track that rhythm guitar, pan both wide; but that might f*** it up!

Everything else in working . Great vocals! 👍

t

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/9/2021 at 10:22 AM, PhonoBrainer said:

Greenday meets Rush meets Plimsouls. In a pro mix. Any q's?

awesome!

cheers,

-Tom

It’s almost as if you’ve been thumbing through our music collection!  

Rush is a cool comparison, I can hear familiarity to their earliest albums.  We do get a great deal of Cheap Trick comparisons but that’s pretty much expected, considering Will grew up with the bands kids living in Rockford. 

Influences from Midwestern rock such as Cheap Trick, Fastball, Fountains of Wayne seemed to come through more on this EP.

Thanks again!

Great songs.  I like them better than most of what I hear on the radio today.  And they are very professional sounding productions from the guitars to the vocals.  I was thinking about posting one of mine here, but not now.  Mine are amateur hour by comparison.  If you guys aren't rich what chance do the rest of us have?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DallasSteve said:

Great songs.  I like them better than most of what I hear on the radio today.  And they are very professional sounding productions from the guitars to the vocals.  I was thinking about posting one of mine here, but not now.  Mine are amateur hour by comparison.  If you guys aren't rich what chance do the rest of us have?

@DallasSteve
You should post your songs.
Dont be put off by others and their productions.
You should have heard mine when I first started.

Everything i know I have learnt here.. and by posting and getting feedback you improve your craft.
Its a nver ending learning curve.

So go on... get posting and you'll be surprised the feedback you get on how to improve and how your posts helps others.
Looking forward to hearing some of your stuff if you dare!!

• Like 2