Bats Brew funk: "Poppin' Tight"

bats brew

38 minutes ago, jack c. said:

what is that bass vst,it's wonderful.love this killer funk!!!jack c.guitar is great as well.

HA! BASS VST!

no such thing in this studio. 😉

that's a carvin LB70, played into a combination of a sansamp bass di, and a strymon Iridium with an ampeg 4x10 cab.

a little compression, and thats it.

thanks jack!

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Larry T. said:

hello batsbrew....perfect....this is the third song (including my own) I've heard today here on the site that uses whammy bar....love the 9th chords....takes me back to stanley clarke's "hot fun" 🎺🎸🥁🎵

HI LARRY T!

thanks, whammy bar, yes, that'd technically be my first effect! LOL,

on a sears and roebuck electric, had something akin to a bigsby on it...

stanley clarke! i used to listen to his early stuff a lot,, return to forever, the tony williams stuff, school days, good stuff!

On 10/6/2021 at 10:09 AM, batsbrew said:

HI LARRY T!

thanks, whammy bar, yes, that'd technically be my first effect! LOL,

on a sears and roebuck electric, had something akin to a bigsby on it...

stanley clarke! i used to listen to his early stuff a lot,, return to forever, the tony williams stuff, school days, good stuff!

my first guitar was a sears silvertone electric (no bigsby/whammy....see pic) with an amp as part of the case....worst.fretboard.action.i.have.ever.seen.....i sold it to a friend around 1970 and got a gibson melody maker which had some of the best fretboard action i've ever seen....here is a pic of what i had:

1960s-Black-Silvertone-1448-Electric-Guitar-w-Danelectro.jpg.fc30bb211c0f533b11c0b56a3231ca47.jpg

edit: here is a pic of the melody maker:

241379214_gibsonmelodymakerwithtremolobar.jpg.7a1234f8d1b3a3ea5bd3720f6613fe94.jpg

Edited by Larry T.
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, jwnicholson78 said:

Loved it.  Bass sounds incredible, and I particularly like the lead bit that comes in at around 1:20.  Very nice.

Thanks man the bass is definitely the driver

Maybe I'll bring up the level of the guitar and a bit

21 hours ago, CSW said:

Super dynamic playing.   The guitar sounds and the delay on the guitar put it in a perfect spot in the mix.

Premium performance and mix. 

hi CSW!

i worked on the guitar sounds, as much as the actual parts,

because i had this idea, that they would rhythmically support what the bass is doing,

kind of glue it all together....

i think i actually printed those delays using a Boss DD-200, so once i made that decision, there was no going back!! LOL

23 hours ago, AndyB01 said:

Wow, how'd I miss this one. I'm getting a strong Eagles vibe - that was seriously good and I loved it.

Just the usual crit - too short! 😂😂

Andy

HOWDY HO ANDY!

hey man, eagles, on a funk rock song?

hm....

maybe 'those shoes'...?!

glad you dig this one, and thank you for the comments!

this song, it's kind of like an 'interval' song, between the 1st and 3rd on the album,

the 1st is very introspective and upbeat at the same time,

and the 3rd is a real rocker!!

so i needed something like this, to introduce the rocker tune...

the album songs were never considered as singles, they are expected to be listened to in the 'complete album' setting,

just like the good ole days!!

so yea, maybe longer as a single,

but consider...

most beatles singles were about two and a half minutes, and this one comes in at 2:47, so i'm right on target!!

heheh.

maybe i should add some lyrics about holding some girls hand, or asking for help, or measuring the albert hall for holes.

:)

• Like 1