Automating MODO Bass Pluck Position with CC

Neil Cummins

Hi Experts,

I rarely use MIDI programming or automation,and am struggling to get a functioning method to automate the RH Pluck position which is visible in MODO Bass and uses CC3 as indicated in the Control window in the VST.

Could anyone please describe the correct method to be able to select CC3 in the Automation track view,confirm it's activity when moving the Pluck slider and then ideally how to finely adjust this using Continuous Controllers in the Piano Roll view during playback.

Assuming this is all possible of course.

Many Thanks

Neil

Warrington

UK

Go into the piano roll view and add a CC lane by clicking on the '+' in the bottom left corner. Then you draw in the automation you want for the selected CC number you chose. While playing the track you should see the MODO Bass Gui RH Pluck position change according to the drawn in CC values.

http://www.cakewalk.com/Documentation?product=Cakewalk&language=3&help=EditingMIDI.03.html

You can also do it right in the track view if you're not comfortable with the PRV.

Since it's a VSTi (as opposed to a Kontakt instrument) you should be able to select it by name from the "edit filter" dropdown list in the track header. If it's not listed there by name, you can still select a CC number by clicking MIDI at the bottom of the same context menu. You can then draw in the automation in the track view just like any other automation.

Sorry, I don't have MODO Bass to show that specific instrument, but here's what it looks like when the developer has exposed options by name. Note that this kind of automation is usually applied to the audio track rather than the MIDI track.

Capture.PNG

Hi Reginald,Bitflipper,

Thanks for the prompt response.Success was achieved with Reginald's suggestion,in this case I had to reset MODO Bass which then set Pluck to use CC74 MIDI Ch1,which was then visible from the Edit Filter as described by you both.

@Bitflipper...I also tried the method suggested by yourself,however in my case,the MIDI parameters don't appear as exposed in your example,rather as a long list of MIDI CC values 0-16,each one suffixed with 0-128 eg MIDI CC 0|1,MIDI CC 0|2 etc up to MIDI CC 16|128.So I wasn't quite sure how this would map across to allow the automation envelope to vary that parameter.Any further suggestions as to how to interpret the correct value to be used?

So far,so good anyway.Thanks for finding the time to reply and assist.

Neil

UK

• 2 weeks later...