Si plugins not found

Antony

I am running Cakewalk 2021.09 (Build 141, 64 bit) on Windows 10 and updated to this version Oct 4, 2021.

I have been using the Cakewalk previous version for a few months and had access to the studio instruments.

Today, as a result of the update, I seem to have lost the Si plugins (Si-Bass Guitar, Si-Electric Piano, Si-String Section).

I've also updated Bandlab assistant to version 10.0.3

I've also followed videos and threads about going to the Apps tab on Bandlab, finding Cakewalk, clicking on the down arrow next to Open to 'install add-ons". All of the add-ons available to me I have installed (studio instruments, drum replacer, melodyne and theme editor). I have gone to Edit, Preferences, VST Settings, Reset, Scan (reboot computer) and repeat, but still the Si Bass Si Piano Si Strings are missing. 

Did the update to Cakewalk 2021.09 (Build 141, 64 bit) change the folder where the Si plugins are located? That's all I can think of.

Please help.

Antony.

2 hours ago, Antony said:

Did the update to Cakewalk 2021.09 (Build 141, 64 bit) change the folder where the Si plugins are located?

No

The default folders created for Studio Instrument Suite bundled with CbB installs are

• C:\Program Files\Cakewalk\Studio Instruments - folders for each plug-in containing documentation, multisamples and resource files.
  • C:\Program Files\Cakewalk\Vstplugins - folders for each plug-in dll
  • C:\ProgramData\Cakewalk\Studio Instruments - a hidden folder contain folders for each plug-in containing MIDI patterns and presets

These defaults have been the same since before first CbB release, The only path that may be different is if a 32bit version of a Cakewalk DAW or the 32bit standalone SI Suite was installed first. Then the folders usually found in "C:\Program Files" are in "C:\Program Files (x86)"

2 hours ago, Antony said:

I have gone to Edit, Preferences, VST Settings, Reset

When running a VST reset it is a good idea to enable "Generate Scan Log". If the reset does not appear to pick up the plug-ins review the scan log.

If the plug-ins are not referenced in the log, they are either

• not physically on the disk,
  • not in the scan path or,
  • the scanner is not running to completion.

If the plug-ins are in the log, the log should indicate whether they scanned OK or failed.

What to do depends on the results of the reset and scan log.

• Great Idea 1

18 hours ago, pwalpwal said:

are they still in the same place from the previous install? is that folder still in the  plug-in scan list?

Well, I don't know where they were installed originally. And by installing 3rd party plugins (worked OK when I still have the si plugins) I had to add folders for the 3rd party VST plugins. I couldn't tell you where they were originally or now, which is my problem.

17 hours ago, scook said:

No

The default folders created for Studio Instrument Suite bundled with CbB installs are

• C:\Program Files\Cakewalk\Studio Instruments - folders for each plug-in containing documentation, multisamples and resource files.
  • C:\Program Files\Cakewalk\Vstplugins - folders for each plug-in dll
  • C:\ProgramData\Cakewalk\Studio Instruments - a hidden folder contain folders for each plug-in containing MIDI patterns and presets

These defaults have been the same since before first CbB release, The only path that may be different is if a 32bit version of a Cakewalk DAW or the 32bit standalone SI Suite was installed first. Then the folders usually found in "C:\Program Files" are in "C:\Program Files (x86)"

When running a VST reset it is a good idea to enable "Generate Scan Log". If the reset does not appear to pick up the plug-ins review the scan log.

If the plug-ins are not referenced in the log, they are either

• not physically on the disk,
  • not in the scan path or,
  • the scanner is not running to completion.

If the plug-ins are in the log, the log should indicate whether they scanned OK or failed.

What to do depends on the results of the reset and scan log.

Thank you for trying to help.

In folder C:\Program Files\Cakewalk\ there is not a Studio Instruments folder.

In C:\Program Files\Cakewalk\Vstplugins there are only the folders 'boost11', 'breverb SONAR' and 'Channel Tools'

In C:\ProgramData\Cakewalk\Studio Instruments there are the 4 folders Si-Bass Guitar, Si-Drum Kit, Si-Electric Piano and Si-String Section, but all 4 of these folders contain just one folder called 'patterns' and inside that there is a file 'patterns.lst' for each. There are no *.dll files.

I did a reset with Generate Scan Log and the si plugins were not in it. I accept that the si plugins are not on my hard disk. Since the update I have reinstalled Cakewalk after an uninstall..

Any ideas?