The Most Advanced Guitar

Mesh

36 minutes ago, Mesh said:

Gnu's travels slow in my neck of the woods... B|

😎

I don't know what to think , seems like a  cool guitar in it's own  way  ...

FWIW, I'm more into the skill of the Indian and not so much into the what features of his arrow  are 😙

All guitars sound exactly  the same when they are in their case ... that is until you  pick it up , plug it in and start to play it

Kenny

Edited by Kenny Wilson
  • Like 1
  • Great Idea 1

"What was interesting to me was that pickup swapping feature." 

Expensive? Who'd be selling those pickups and replaceables? 

Why not buy a Strat Tele and LP?  Covers all the bases for me......so far .. well I have acoustics too.  An archtop  ..and a bass ! Plus keyboard  

Wow 

3 hours ago, bayoubill said:

Why not buy a Strat Tele and LP?  Covers all the bases for me......so far .. well I have acoustics too.  An archtop  ..and a bass ! Plus keyboard  

Wow 

...or a Roland VG88/VG99 or Line 6 Variax

9 hours ago, bayoubill said:

Wow 

6 hours ago, msmcleod said:

...or a Roland VG88/VG99 or Line 6 Variax

RaspberryTwist.jpg

Or be lucky enough to have someone create a beautiful custom guitar WITH Line 6 Variax guts in it! 😀

• Like 2
  • Great Idea 1

1 minute ago, Jim Roseberry said:

Love the features

Don't love the aesthetics

Not typically a fan of guitars/basses that use metal in the neck/body... as it seems to impart a "metalic" tone (especially on the attack).

Tones shown in the video weren't bad.

neckback.jpg

So the old Kramer's with the metal necks aren't for you, eh? 😆

First guitar I ever tried where the neck weighed far more than the rest of the body...

5 minutes ago, craigb said:

So the old Kramer's with the metal necks aren't for you, eh? 😆

First guitar I ever tried where the neck weighed far more than the rest of the body...

No, sir!    

You can hear the metal influencing the tone.  🤢

Edited by Jim Roseberry

OK FWIW , I do like all types of wacky guitars and strange guitar variants . 

The weirdest guitar I still own and play is this model . ( stock Photo ..mine is just a clean ) 

IMG-2010-02-SML.jpg

Back in the day in the early 1970's I had a ten string  Chapman Stick  # 4 ...sadly I sold it because I need the coin ...

A guitar I still dig the idea of getting some day . is "the Gittler ....I knew a guy that had one

8051342721_0fac9a9008_z.jpg

chances are that one may never happen ....oh well at least I had a dream lol.

Kenny

PS , if I was still doing dwugs :ph34r:which I'm not I would probably want  one of those  Relish Guitars  ...it's secondary function and design  options scream  I am the ultimate in stash guitars  :D

Edited by Kenny Wilson

Kenny?  With a Chapman Stick???  Whoda thunk it?!

Steinberger-GT-Pro-1.jpg

I upgraded this with some Zakk Wylde EMG's and used it as my travel guitar (packed one of the old Line 6 kidney bean POD's with it).  You could have a stewardess store it in the closet near where you sat on the plane and didn't have to check it in (and hope it survived the flight).  Not sure if they still let you do that or not...  Light and a lot of fun!  About as wild as my guitars got.

The concept is interesting, but it seems to negate the rest of the signal chain. I have never been a fan of active electronics (but also not sure what that battery is for) in a guitar, but admit I like switches, and one set of pickups that are clean with proper dynamics can be sculpted during processing into most anything. 

I never saw the initial mention on these, but checked prices... New are $4000, used $1500, and seemed to be a lot of used ones about. The price difference doesn't make sense to me.

11 hours ago, Kenny Wilson said:

The weirdest guitar I still own and play is this model . ( stock Photo ..mine is just a clean ) 

IMG-2010-02-SML.jpg

Back in the day in the early 1970's I had a ten string  Chapman Stick  # 4 ...sadly I sold it because I need the coin ...

A guitar I still dig the idea of getting some day . is "the Gittler ....I knew a guy that had one

Kenny

PS , if I was still doing dwugs :ph34r:which I'm not I would probably want  one of those  Relish Guitars  ...it's secondary function and design  options scream  I am the ultimate in stash guitars  :D

Wow - I'd love to try these out..... too bizarre to pass up. I really like the bridge set-up on the metal one.  Little more scalloped than usual I guess  :)

14 hours ago, RBH said:
On 5/1/2019 at 7:26 AM, Kenny Wilson said:

IMG-2010-02-SML.jpg

Kenny

14 hours ago, RBH said:

Wow - I'd love to try these out..... too bizarre to pass up. I really like the bridge set-up on the metal one.  Little more scalloped than usual I guess  :)

Now I'm feeling all nostalgic ....I'm thinking about dusting off my Ibanez Midi Guitar and slapping on some new strings .

As a guitar it is a fantastic guitar . I'm beyond happy w it . I have used it on countless recordings and played  plenty of live gigs using it only as a regular guitar .

As a midi guitar it was very good for a 24 pin interface . I remember I actually rewired the interface cable ....whew .....

I got her brand new  in 1987 , Both Ibanez and Mannys Music gave me a super deal on it .....

As far as the Gittler guitar goes , I used to see one at the Museum of Modern Art ( N. Y. C. ) my first non museum Gittler  sighting was memorable .

I was working at The Bowery in a furniture store . I went out to pick up lunch at Katz's Deli ...on my way to pick up lunch I stopped to pick up some subway tokens  .

I was shocked as hell  when I saw a NYC subway token booth clerk jamming away playing his Gittler Guitar in his bullet proof glass both 🤣

Guy was super nice too me and he enjoyed talking up his Gittler ( at the time it only cost 2 Grand ...now they are 8 grand ....I think the price must have came down because the last time I checked I thought they cost more )

Of course I didn't even try to ask him to play his guitar or any thing ...I did go back a few time to chat it up with him ...

Here's a realistic review of The Gittler guitar ...VIA a u tube video  by someone that enjoys playing Classic Rock type of tones ...

14 hours ago, RBH said:

Kenny

6 hours ago, Kenny Wilson said:

Now I'm feeling all nostalgic ....I'm thinking about dusting off my Ibanez Midi Guitar and slapping on some new strings .

As a guitar it is a fantastic guitar . I'm beyond happy w it . I have used it on countless recordings and played  plenty of live gigs using it only as a regular guitar .

As a midi guitar it was very good for a 24 pin interface . I remember I actually rewired the interface cable ....whew .....

I got her brand new  in 1987 , Both Ibanez and Mannys Music gave me a super deal on it .....

As far as the Gittler guitar goes , I used to see one at the Museum of Modern Art ( N. Y. C. ) my first non museum Gittler  sighting was memorable .

I was working at The Bowery in a furniture store . I went out to pick up lunch at Katz's Deli ...on my way to pick up lunch I stopped to pick up some subway tokens  .

I was shocked as hell  when I saw a NYC subway token booth clerk jamming away playing his Gittler Guitar in his bullet proof glass both 🤣

Guy was super nice too me and he enjoyed talking up his Gittler ( at the time it only cost 2 Grand ...now they are 8 grand ....I think the price must have came down because the last time I checked I thought they cost more )

Of course I didn't even try to ask him to play his guitar or any thing ...I did go back a few time to chat it up with him ...

Here's a realistic review of The Gittler guitar ...VIA a u tube video  by someone that enjoys playing Classic Rock type of tones ...

Kenny

I never tried out the Ibanez guitar synth - Back in that day I had a Roland GK-2 mounted to a WestBury and run through a GM-70. I got some very useful work done on that rig. I gave it to my brother a few years back and somehow he lost track of the GM-70. Still has the West Bury with pick-up though. I do a lot of precision metal work - I bet I could make something similar to the Gittler.