trouble w/ loading VST

willard cottrell

Question

I've just downloaded some new VST's into my Win 10 computer.  They appear in the VAT manager after I do a new scan.  However, they don't appear in the synth list in any category.  I have completely wiped them from the program and then reload and have the same problem.  I've recently had an update and I wonder if that has done something.

Willard

5 answers to this question

I've had MT-Power Drum installed and it worked.  I deleted all references and installed again.  Put both the content and DLL in the cakewalk VST file.  I also downloaded some new AAS files and did the same.  They show up in the VST manager but not in the synth list.  The AAS, lounge lizard for one is new and does the same as the MT-Power

Willard . . . when you say "They show up in the VST manager"  . . . I think you're talking about Cakewalk Plugin Manager ?

I'm wondering if you ever customized and saved a "Plugin Manu Layout" in the VST manager ?

Also, do they still not show up even when you sort the plugin layouts by "Manufacturer" under AAS ?

If you haven't rebooted your computer since the problem first occurred reboot your system now, then do a full VST Rescan.
Sometimes the VST Scanner gets stuck and if that is part of the problem until you kill the process or reboot things won't change.

To perform a full VST Rescan:

1. Go to Edit > Preferences > File - VST Settings.

2. Under Scan Options, select Re-scan Existing Plug-ins and Re-scan Failed Plug-ins, then click Reset.

3. The following confirmation message appears: “This will reset configuration settings for all your VST plug-ins to defaults. VST Plug-ins will be unavailable until a VST Scan is performed. Any custom configuration settings will be lost. Are you sure you want to do this?”

4. Click Yes.

5. Click Scan.

The background VST scanner scans your list of plug-ins. When scanning is complete, you can reapply any custom settings to your plug-ins.

Note: After performing a full VST rescan, clear the Rescan Failed Plug-ins and Rescan Existing Plug-ins check boxes, especially if Automatic Background Scan is selected. Leaving all of these options configured simultaneously can lead to a continuous scan loop.