Cakewalk gets way too loud whenever another media is played

L0-i

Question

4 answers to this question

3 minutes ago, L0-i said:

Whenever i switch from youtube to cakewalk, all audio coming from cakewalk gets awfully loud. It also happens whenever an error sound plays.  It's really painful. Please help me.

It sounds to me like your PC's Sound is not set up properly.  

OR

If you are trying to record YT audio into a Cakewalk track, turn track echo off.

OR

Try giving some details about your setup so people trying to help have something to go on.  My crystal ball hasn't worked in decades.  

Trying to help people who expect help but give no relevant details is painful!!!!!!  :P  

BTW, if I were you, I'd turn of system sounds.  But to me that's part of setting up a PC's sound properly.

• Great Idea 1

4 hours ago, L0-i said:

I am not trying to record Youtube, and i havent set up my PC's sound either. Any resources to do that ? 

Sorry.  I don't have any resources.  I am a natural-born explorer and explored a whole bunch of the many facets that make up my PCs audio system (sound card, BIOS, Motherboard components, Windows' settings and features [including Device Manager, Sound, among others], external gear documentation, etc.).  I don't think I ever had a single guide that covered everything, though I did look at all sorts of things online.

Do you have technical documentation for your PC? your sound devices?  For me, those have been helpful.

Right clicking on the speaker icon to start exploring Windows' Sound might be helpful (Sound settings, Volume mixer, etc.) as would exploring Device Properties and Manage Sound Devices for your audio inputs and outputs.  

Maybe someone else knows of a handy-dandy guide.