Editing in Drum Grid

Mark Bastable

Question

The open and closed hi-hats on bars 1 and 2 are good. The hi-hats in 3 and 4 are not.

So I select the hi-hats in 1 and 2, and with CNTRL held down, I drag a copy to 3 and 4.

Trouble is, they overlay what’s in 3 and 4, rather than replacing it. 

There must be an easier way to do this than deleting the 3 and 4 hi-hats before copying 1 and 2. 

There’s a parameter in Settings>Editing to ‘Replace’ but that seems not to apply to Drum Grid, ‘cos I’ve tried it

I’m pretty sure this crops up in one of Mike’s vids, but I’m hoping that asking here will be quicker than skimming three or four of those, instructive and entertaining though they are.

2 answers to this question

20 minutes ago, Mark Bastable said:

The open and closed hi-hats on bars 1 and 2 are good. The hi-hats in 3 and 4 are not.

So I select the hi-hats in 1 and 2, and with CNTRL held down, I drag a copy to 3 and 4.

Trouble is, they overlay what’s in 3 and 4, rather than replacing it. 

There must be an easier way to do this than deleting the 3 and 4 hi-hats before copying 1 and 2. 

There’s a parameter in Settings>Editing to ‘Replace’ but that seems not to apply to Drum Grid, ‘cos I’ve tried it

I’m pretty sure this crops up in one of Mike’s vids, but I’m hoping that asking here will be quicker than skimming three or four of those, instructive and entertaining though they are.

Vote here on a request I did in June. 

https://discuss.cakewalk.com/index.php?/topic/30553-replace-samples/