How to use midi track with TH3 VST plugin?

In short: I want to use one or more tracks from a midi file with the TH3 plugin in Cakewalk. Somehow I cannot get sound.

Longer explanation of what I have done:

I have created a midi file with Tuxguitar. Next I have imported the midi file into cakewalk.

I can then add tracks with the "standard"  SI-drum and SI-bass by adding them as single instrument track and then copy the midi track on that track to get the drums or bass to play when I hit play. This works just great. I can hear the drums and bass playing.

I also want to use a midi track for a guitar on the TH3 plugin. The TH3 plugin cannot be used as a single instrument track. When I add a MIDI track I cannot choose the TH3. When I add an Audio Track I can choose the TH3 plugin. If I arm it and push the Input Echo button I can even use my guitar to hear sounds and record them in the track.

But when I copy a MIDI track on that Audio Track, I see the track appear, I see the lines of the midi notes, but I do not hear anything when I push play. I have "enabled MIDI input".

What am I doing wrong?

Maybe I want to do something which is not possible ?

TH3 is an FX plug-in to simulate a guitar amp and effects intended for use on audio data.

It is not a guitar synth plug-in.

It can only process MIDI data to control the amp and effects.

It does not make sound on its own from MIDI data.

Of the synths bundled with CbB, TTS-1 has a couple of guitar patches.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, scook said:

TH3 is an FX plug-in to simulate a guitar amp and effects intended for use on audio data.

It is not a guitar synth plug-in.

It can only process MIDI data to control the amp and effects.

It does not make sound on its own from MIDI data.

Of the synths bundled with CbB, TTS-1 has a couple of guitar patches.

Thanks for confirming what I already suspected.  Now I can stop searching 😉