Sonar 8.5.3 Tools not working

rev

Clean Audio Folder > When I press Find to discover audio files not in use, it tries and then stops responding.
Consolidate Audio Project > A dialog tells you what it's about to do but clicking OK results in nothing, not even and error.

Anyone seen this before or have a suggestion?

Thanks - rev

Clean Folder comes from an age where hard drives were small and projects re-used material from other projects if possible. It searches every drive it can find, and searches through every folder (including the recycling bin) and looks for stuff that might be linked to your project. Takes aaaages. And in the end it does not do what you expect it to do.

So:

The trick is to create a new project folder and save your project there. There is a check box to include ... files (I don't remember the exact wording) - if you check that, it will save only the files you are actually using.

Now you can delete the old folder (or back it up, safer) and rename your new folder to the old name.

It's a workaround we use even now.

Edited by twelvetone

12 minutes ago, twelvetone said:

The trick is to create a new project folder and save your project there. There is a check box to include ... files (I don't remember the exact wording) - if you check that, it will save only the files you are actually using.

Per Project Audio Files  ( they used to be kept in a centralised folder back in the day )