"Do you know the question to ask?"

Peter C

Featuring the voice of Jarrett Raymond on intro and outro. Recorded in Cakewalk, produced in Cubase. Video - Cartoon Animator; stock footage from Pixabay contributors, production in Filmora Pro.  Strings are from Roland's AX range. Addictive Drums. 

• Like 3

Many thanks. Oh, I've just seen extra comments. Thanks people, your time spent listening to it and your supportive comments are really appreciated. It only took 6 months to put together! (on and off)

The idea came from the Kate Moss book, Labyrinth, which is set in and around Carcassonne in SE France. We visited many years ago and came away suitably impressed, hence the song. We shortened and tightened up the 2008 original by re-recording everything, and we think Jarrett has done a great job on the voice-overs, really makes the song.  

I wonder what we should do next...........

Edited by Peter C
More replies

It's a personal thing. I especially like the Cubase de-esser and just find the production process easier in Cubase. I also notice one or two plugins which are a bit iffy for me in CbB work better in Cubase. Sampletank is one example.  But I have produced in CbB and ended up with perfectly acceptable results. In fact the first mixes were done in CbB and they were okay except for me being really picky about one or two things. My previous song was made entirely in CbB.

It's Reallusion's Cartoon Animator. But......we find its structure difficult to work with. It's a bit clunky.  Knowing what we know now having used it for a while it wouldn't be our first choice. Thanks for the positive comments.