girlfriend

jack c.

1 hour ago, jack c. said:

please explain more in detail.thanks for listen comments.jack c.

actually, production and mix levels....they're really a matter of personal taste, so if you are satisfied with that then that is all that matters....and, truthfully, after i listened a few more times they do sound good....🎷🎙️🥁🎻

1 hour ago, Makke said:
1 hour ago, Lynn Wilson said:

Jack, this is very entertaining!  I've mentioned dynamics in the past, and it seems like you got it because this is nuanced and subtle and well arranged.  I like the melody very much and the processing on your vocals is just right for this song.  Keep 'em coming.

Nice song with variety parts. 

makke/lynn thanks for listen/comments.

lynn as a boss told me many moons ago"your not like those other guys"things you and others have told me never go by the wayside.i listen/test/try and figure out how to do what was told.jack c.

1 hour ago, freddy j said:

At first I was scratching my head but the more that I listened the better I liked it.  By the end it had me.  Well done! Interesting falsetto vocals. 

Well done!

why scratchin' ones head?thanks for listen/comments!jack c.

On 10/4/2021 at 2:26 PM, freddy j said:

At first I was scratching my head

He means this is NOT RockaBluesaBilly! And I must agree that this is NOT my typical genre either.
But that having been said, both Freddy and I agree, it "grew" on us quickly (obviously many agree).
Great bass line Jack!
And as Lynn said the overall mix is working.

👍's

t

3 hours ago, DeeringAmps said:

He means this is NOT RockaBluesaBilly! And I must agree that this is NOT my typical genre either.
But that having been said, both Freddy and I agree, it "grew" on us quickly (obviously many agree).
Great bass line Jack!
And as Lynn said the overall mix is working.

thanks mate it really means lots to me!!jack c.

• Like 1

Hi Jack! Awesome how you don't have to bend the rules because there are none. That's creativity!

The vocals totally work, the processing is nice. If you are using reverb on them, you might as an experiment pull the reverb off and replace it with a tight slapback delay. ? Might be worth the time to explore.

The only other mix comment would be, in the first (and last) section - listen to your chipsynth thing panned left - it's probably louder than your excellent vocal. If this were my mix I'd get the vocal more prominent and the lefty chipsynth down a db or so. Again might be worth trying, or not.

In this song you are going for extremely minimalist robo-drums? Works for me, but all I can remember hearing was a cymbal, and the kick thunks were kind of competing for the bassline. Hard to avoid that one.

Lyrics I catch in most cases but sometimes intelligibility gets tough because maybe they need to be boosted and more dominant in the mix, and reverb can slurrrr things so sometimes simple delays thicken better than reverbs in a mix.

Your bgv's that are actually lower in pitch than your falsetto lead - that's a great choice right there.

Thanks for the 80's!

cheers,

-Tom