FREE: Orange Dual Terror form IK Multimedia

mibby

It is, I just checked. So it's a moot point for those of us picking the Amplitude Orange collection in the GB, but still nice!  I just learned there's a bass amp in the Orange Collection too.  Can't wait to try it out!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

The real Tiny Terror is an amazing amp, sad that they're not making them any more.  I went low wattage a while ago and haven't looked back.  I do not have the handwired edition that we modeled but I do have the Korean-made version before they moved production to China if that means anything tone-wise but I couldn't tell you.  I've only played this one I have and the model we did of the handwired version.

For real amps my other low-wattage choice is a Fender Blues Junior which also sounds really great.  I have used both in an A/B/Y setup with the Tiny Terror as the dirty side and the Blues Jr as the clean side and it worked very well.  The Tiny Terror responds well to certain types of pedals and I was using boost, overdrive, and/or EQ pedals in front of a Tiny Terror like you'd push other amps and get to the "almost channel-switching" kind of vibe. But it really starts dirty for me even though it has some clean headroom.  I had better success pushing a mid-boost, standard overdrive, standard booster (the Seymour Duncan with a pretty insane max boost - ignore the "pickup simulation" part on that one IMHO - plus I used to have an old LPB-1 but it was NOISY), and a treble booster.  Those all worked pretty well with it.

• Like 6

16 hours ago, Peter - IK Multimedia said:

I used to have an old LPB-1

Damn!! I had one too. Way back in the day. I bought it from Lafayette Electronics through thier mail order catalog!!!

It was the one that plugged into the input of the amp and you plugged your guitar into it.. It had a switch on it too.

Yeah it was noisy... but back then, it had the sound!!!

I had it running into an old 10watt Klamazoo (Gibson) amp.

image.png.e6f441eb90101cbc4e3a663c2ea20747.png

Edited by Grem
  • Like 1

Has anyone else had problems getting this amp due to Custom Shop not updating to the current version?

IK Manager will only reinstall CS version 2.0.0, which IK Support told me is the older version....they could not provide me with a link to the latest version and I have scoured their website to no avail.

Thanks Mark

On 10/5/2021 at 2:57 AM, Grem said:

Damn!! I had one too. Way back in the day. I bought it from Lafayette Electronics through thier mail order catalog!!!

It was the one that plugged into the input of the amp and you plugged your guitar into it.. It had a switch on it too.

Yeah it was noisy... but back then, it had the sound!!!

I had it running into an old 10watt Klamazoo (Gibson) amp.

image.png.e6f441eb90101cbc4e3a663c2ea20747.png

Ditto for the LPB-1!!  Loved that thing when I first got it:) It’s long gone now, but the reissue isn’t too bad.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, MGC59 said:

Has anyone else had problems getting this amp due to Custom Shop not updating to the current version?

IK Manager will only reinstall CS version 2.0.0, which IK Support told me is the older version....they could not provide me with a link to the latest version and I have scoured their website to no avail.

Thanks Mark

Uninstall the old CS version using Windows "Programs and Features", then run AmpliTube 5, and click on "Custom Shop" from the AT5 GUI.

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...