wa production instacomposer intro

Paul_in_wales

On 10/2/2021 at 12:58 PM, Paul Young said:

Doe anyone remember when WA acquired some software and it was suppose to be in our account and we were eventually suppose to get something new?  It was maybe 3 years ago.

I believe you are thinking of Liquid Notes, by Re-Compose.

Received the following by email on 10/2/2019:

We have important news to share with you.

Re-Compose has signed an exclusive license agreement for the sale of our products by W.A. Production, headquartered in Prague. Consequently, we have discontinued the sale of products, both directly through our website and via dealers, by the end of September.

This is what this means for you:

Discontinuation of all products (Spexx, I2C8, and Liquid Notes) with immediate effect

Customer support remains active until March 13, 2020

Activation, deactivation, and license transfer possible until EOY

Products will be relaunched under the label W.A. Production shortly and receive full support

Free trade-in offer from W.A. Production to swap to new product (only for owners of Spexx, I2C8, and Liquid Notes) at no cost

Voluntary registration necessary with W.A. Production, no transfer of customer data allowed without your consent (according to General Data Protection Regulations by the EU)

Customer support provided by W.A. Production after switching to new product

The free trade-in offer is valid until EOY; also, you'll get their Pumper 2 plug-in for free. For more information on the above, please visit this page.

Thanks for always supporting us!

Have a great day,
Re-Compose Team

Then on 11/17/2019 received this:

As announced recently, our products are moving over to W.A. Production.

Under this new partnership, the first successor product to our existing products has been launched by W.A. Production. MIDIQ replaces I2C8 and features a slightly redesigned user interface, optimized performance, and the new branding.

Customers who have already transferred to W.A. Production, get a license code for MIDIQ as well as the Pumper 2 plug-in added for free to their W.A. Production account.

The relaunch of Spexx by W.A. Production is following soon!

Have a great day,
Re-Compose Team

Never heard anything more about product relaunches. But I did contact W.A Production when I was unable to re-activate my license for Liquid Notes on a new computer last year.

W.A Production support arranged for the plugin to be assigned to my Plugin Boutique account. Then Plugin Boutique arranged a 100% discount for me to retrieve a new license. Then followed the instructions and the developer emailed me a temporary link to a pre-signed installer, no activation required.

All good now.

Edited by abacab

6 minutes ago, Paul Young said:

That was it.  They never seemed to honor it. 

I added some additional info to my recent post. W.A. Production support got me back up and running with Liquid Notes. But no successor product was released for that.

20 hours ago, aidan o driscoll said:

I would imagine you are NOT setting the Input Midi port on the target instrument VSTi.

See the InstaC manual:

instacomp_flstudio.png.2e355beab2abeb0969e8c1470efd6acc.png

yes this work just for 1 VST, not the other 4 channels, even that i have setup different midi ports with each VST instrument it will not help.

according to support you need to use some VFX color mapper inside patcher....highly annoying to be honest and they should state it does not support flstudio straight out of the box.

but i still could not find out how to setup with 5 different vst instruments

there is reviewer video at pluginboutique and he also had to use some mapper inside ableton.

Edited by dee
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, dee said:

yes this work just for 1 VST, not the other 4 channels, even that i have setup different midi ports with each VST instrument it will not help.

according to support you need to use some VFX color mapper inside patcher....highly annoying to be honest and they should state it does not support flstudio straight out of the box.

but i still could not find out how to setup with 5 different vst instruments

there is reviewer video at pluginboutique and he also had to use some mapper inside ableton.

@dee Im not sure its an INSTA COMPOSER issue. Its more how FL Studio handles midi channels.

For example in Cakewalk its easy. Just set the input of each vst track to INSTA COMPOSER Ch1, Ch2 and so on. Then turn on input echo / input monitoring on ( Circled in yellow in image below ) the instrument tracks used to hear them in INSTACOMP when you press play. Done

cw_instacomp1.thumb.png.e0e82f5a257573f53bbe9d070c743cbe.png

So maybe a question over at the FL Studio forums. I tried it in FL Studio also ( not my primary DAW, CW is )  .. same result as you, so I am sure it is a routing issue in FL and how it handles midi ports / channels

Hi everyone, Josh from W. A. Production here! Appreciate all the positive discussion here!

I came across this forum and saw there were a few things I could help clear up, and have done so in no particular order, below:

• There is in fact quite a bit of AI in this plugin, and we will be updating our manual to include more details about how it works.
  • The countdown indicator in the bottom-left is a limitation of the demo version. You are limited to 10 generated melodies. It is not intended to freeze the DAW once you hit the limit, and if it is doing so, I apologize. There have been no reports of this happening in the full version.
  • We are hoping to improve visibility/text size in a future update.
  • We have already released an update that fixes the MIDI drag problem some users were having (1.0.1)
  • The chord track will not generate a new pattern unless you hit "generate new progression". This is because the other tracks (bass, melody, etc.) are built around the chord progression (even if no chord progression is visibly generated)
  • Liquid Notes and some other tools were indeed acquired by us. However, it seems those talking about it did not see (or remember) the latest update that was sent to all Liquid Notes users several months ago. I have pasted it below. These updated tools are still in process and were delayed due to Covid and some other factors.
  • I know this is mostly Cakewalk users, but I am hearing some people discussing setup in other DAWs. We have instructional videos for most DAWs here. If anyone would like to send me instructions or a video showing routing with Cakewalk, that would be great, as we do not typically test on Cakewalk and are not Cakewalk users ourselves. My email is josh@waproduction.com
  • VFX Color Mapper is the easiest way to set up FL Studio, as per our instructional video. VFX Color Mapper comes with FL Studio natively...

I hope this helps those of you who had questions/trouble!

- Josh

--

Previously sent Liquid Notes email:

Hello,
You are receiving this email because of one or both of the following reasons:

- You bought Liquid Notes software from Re-Compose in the past.
- You own Liquid Notes software and opened an account with WA Production because of Re-Compose’s customer transfer campaign.

Regrettably, Liquid Notes has reached the end of its lifecycle.

The software has an eventful history. Originally, it was only a by-product of research in the field of generative music around a complex music engine. We found that the chord logic we developed in that wider context was powerful and unique enough to be turned into a useful tool for music producers. However, we did not anticipate how laborious it would become to implement a plug-in with multi-track MIDI communication across various DAWs on several, constantly evolving operating systems. Being a research-driven team, we decided to use Java, which added an extra layer of instability to the process. Overall, it was actually a fun ride to figure out how to overcome various technical obstacles.

Last year, we made a final attempt to upgrade the installer and revive Liquid Notes so that existing customers could make it work on the latest operating systems. It did not go as planned. The effort turned out to be enormous, as the inner workings of the program are extremely intricate. Plus, unfortunately, we got hit hard by the Covid pandemic, which temporarily froze all further development in midstream.

Long story short, we ran out of breath. The cost-benefit analysis turned out unfavorable. So eventually, we decided to discontinue the product and have its sales stopped by the end of 2020.

However, we are in the process of restarting the MIDI/chord line afresh. A new team is already busy with the design and realization of MIDI utilities that will incorporate some of the fundamental aspects of Liquid Notes, which will be rolled out over the course of this year by our partner WA Production. We will be mainly catering to a crowd producing EDM genres and thinking in looped structures. But then that was our original plan right from the beginning of Re-Compose.

As a courtesy to you, our valued customers who have accompanied us on our way, we are offering you our first MIDI utilities incorporating logic parts from Liquid Notes for free. You will be informed when they are available.

If you want to benefit from this offer and have not yet signed up at WA Production, it is still time. Please visit this link.

We wish you a happy, healthy and successful New Year!
Stefan Oertl (Re-Compose), Roman Trachta (WA Production)

Edited by Josh | W. A. Production
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 4

21 minutes ago, Josh | W. A. Production said:

Hi everyone, Josh from W. A. Production here! Appreciate all the positive discussion here!

Hello, Josh. Big fan of W.A. Production's products. Very underrated, IMO. I own licenses for many W.A. fx and have recommended them several times in the past. It's good to see you all having more of a "presence." For me, it really helps inspire confidence in the products and create a friendlier feeling. Which of course equals more sales!

More comprehensive documentation for the products that lack it, as mentioned earlier in this thread, would be my only request at this point.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Starship Krupa said:

Hello, Josh. Big fan of W.A. Production's products. Very underrated, IMO. I own licenses for many W.A. fx and have recommended them several times in the past. It's good to see you all having more of a "presence." For me, it really helps inspire confidence in the products and create a friendlier feeling. Which of course equals more sales!

More comprehensive documentation for the products that lack it, as mentioned earlier in this thread, would be my only request at this point.

I appreciate that, and understand where you are coming from. I will note that we are working to improve both our manual/documentation procedures and to also include as many answers to issues and instructions as possible in our Help Center. Our company has been around since 2014, and we certainly have worked to improve these things every year. I think we are on the right track, but not quite finished with the process of getting everything to the right level yet :)

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Josh | W. A. Production said:

I know this is mostly Cakewalk users, but I am hearing some people discussing setup in other DAWs. We have instructional videos for most DAWs here. If anyone would like to send me instructions or a video showing routing with Cakewalk, that would be great, as we do not typically test on Cakewalk and are not Cakewalk users ourselves. My email is josh@waproduction.com

You would actually be surprised at how few Cakewalk users there are on the Deals sub-forum. I would hazard a guess that most of us are here for the Deals and not for the Cakewalk discussion. So it might worth you while to monitor the Deals sub-forum in the future. Lots of great discussion happens here (and some bitching of course).

4 hours ago, Josh | W. A. Production said:

- Josh

i could notice instacomposer is generating melodies which seems to be melodicaly starting from either 9-10-11 bar (out of 16) instead of bar1. it makes not much sense.

how to fix this ?

2 hours ago, dubdisciple said:

The demo didn't exactly wow me, but I am a big fan of companies who listen. The fact that Josh is not running from questions is enough for me to give product a chance. Just purchased and will hopefully figure it out

The wow factor in this has to be that its a MULTITRACK auto midi composer, something that other similar tools are not in that generally they are one track chord composers. I think this is the major point. So if you completely change the bass line chord wise, the other tracks will too

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, aidan o driscoll said:

The wow factor in this has to be that its a MULTITRACK auto midi composer, something that other similar tools are not in that generally they are one track chord composers. I think this is the major point. So if you completely change the bass line chord wise, the other tracks will too

I do like the potential even though implementation will be a learning curve. In any case, I know learning how to make this useful might take some rolling up sleeves.