How to open Cakewalk interface in Full View?

tdehan

I'd like to hijack your post and also ask on how to have (previously non-saved in CW) MIDI files expand to fill the screen when loading. CW used to do that, but somewhere in the updates or setting changes I may have made, loading a existing MIDI file that I hadn't previously saved, opens in a compact size, so I have to expand the screen manually.

Edited by NOLAGuy
correction

2 hours ago, tdehan said:

Is there a setting I can configure that opens Cakewalk full screen as well as the working area?  Hopefully I am saying that correctly.  I also want to have Console view come up as well.

Good question... never thought of that. To my knowledge, there is no way to do that automatically. You have to do it manually. Perhaps there is a way thou!

Windows hasn’t changed the way screen space is used since they named it Windows. Think about that. If you have never figured out how to open and resize your windows then that’s totally amazing to me🤭

Cakewalk is 100% customizable

And once you get it the way you like you save it as your workspace. That workspace will stay as is until you change it. 
If you open a second project it will probably be smaller. Depends because windows remembers the last view that you used. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, John Vere said:

Windows hasn’t changed the way screen space is used since they named it Windows. Think about that. If you have never figured out how to open and resize your windows then that’s totally amazing to me🤭

And once you get it the way you like you save it as your workspace. That workspace will stay as is until you change it. 
If you open a second project it will probably be smaller. Depends because windows remembers the last view that you used. 

Right. But tdehan is not trying to resize a window, but to lock the windows task bar and the titlle bar as well, as explained in the link provided by scook. It's very helpful, as you can reach the bottom of the screen commands and not accidentally end up clicking a windows task bar icon, for example. Workspaces doesn't retain the full view status:  you have to manually engage it each time you open CW.

--- 

Full Screen mode

Full Screen mode allows the Cakewalk interface to fill the entire screen. When in Full Screen mode, Cakewalk’s title bar and the Windows task bar are hidden from view.

To enable/disable Full Screen mode, do one of the following:

Select Windows > Full Screen.

Press F11.

Click the Full Screen button  in the top right corner.

Figure 546. Full Screen toggle.

All I know is Cakewalk always looks exactly the way I set it every time I open it,, on all my Computers.  . And this is due a combination of Windows remembering I had it  as a full sized window and then Cakewalk using workspaces to put everything including the multi dock where I want it.

If Cakewalk is not full screen or full window then you toggle it  in Windows.   Workspaces have no control over windows size or full screen, Windows does. 

Those little icons have been there for a long long time. As well as a bunch of shortcut keys like F11 for total full screen mode which all gamers know about. Another is the  Windows key + up or down arrows  to make a window full sized. Did you know you get a tiny bit better performance when using the F11 trick. It totally focuses your CPU on the APP. Otherwise your task bar is using a small bit of CPU. 

Edited by John Vere
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, John Vere said:

All I know is Cakewalk always looks exactly the way I set it every time I open it,, on all my Computers.  . And this is due a combination of Windows remembering I had it  as a full sized window and then Cakewalk using workspaces to put everything including the multi dock where I want it.

If Cakewalk is not full screen or full window then you toggle it  in Windows.   Workspaces have no control over windows size or full screen, Windows does. 

Those little icons have been there for a long long time. As well as a bunch of shortcut keys like F11 for total full screen mode which all gamers know about. Another is the  Windows key + up or down arrows  to make a window full sized. Did you know you get a tiny bit better performance when using the F11 trick. It totally focuses your CPU on the APP. Otherwise your task bar is using a small bit of CPU. 

Didn't know that. Thanks!

17 hours ago, John Vere said:

I never stated that I didn't know how to open and resize windows....