Melda updated to v15

mibby

54 minutes ago, simon said:

it's really klunky (IMO) ,

the interface is ugly and a real CPU hog too.  

..I only have the free version with a couple of the free expansions.....

Compared to the alternatives I can't see anything to recommend it ?

I'd say it depends on the "intstrument" with the newish UI.  Many of the instruments are straightforward and fully-scalable.

Honestly I'm having trouble thinking of any actual competetor to this product that is both a sample based player and synth that has a great UI with anywhere close to this kind of featureset in it.

I do agree the UI and search function/layout of how to select the instruments could be improved.

Haven't done any CPU benchmark tests but I've found other Melda production products to be among the most efficient on the market.  Synths and Samplers by nature can tend to tax systems depending on what it is doing.  This one also has a more robust effect featureset than anything I could possibly think of.  Even the LE verion has effects possibilites other synths/samplers wouldn't even dare touch.

The free version is annoying becuase it looks like it has a bunch of stuff but that is all locked until you buy it outside of like one piano and a synth.  

• Like 1

Here's a DEAL:  for any high rollers out there, MCompleteBundle is 50% off through October.  It's still alot, but you get FREE updates AND any new future plugins are included.  Check your accounts for upgrade discounts on top of that.  And if you're NEW to Melda, don't reach for your wallet until you grab someone's referral code and get yourself ANOTHER 20% off!

https://www.meldaproduction.com/MCompleteBundle

Over on ADSR, you can still get MFreeFormAnalogEQ FREE with purchase. So that'll know a few more bucks off....

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Brian Walton said:

Haven't done any CPU benchmark tests but I've found other Melda production products to be among the most efficient on the market.  Synths and Samplers by nature can tend to tax systems depending on what it is doing.  

I have zero problem with the other Melda plugins it's just Msoundfactory that I find a CPU hog.

7 hours ago, TheSteven said:

Once you've sold your car and invested in the complete bundle you'll experience a love and satisfaction that can only be achieved by total surrender to great plugin goddess GASyMucho. 
Just remember that she is fickle and may periodically demand the burning of cash on her virtual alter as a show of devotion.

I have quite a few Melda plugins and they are great and certainly amazing value for money - I'm not convinced they are the 'best' though. The GUI design doesn't really work for me in general, although I know many others love it.

horses/courses :)

Personally, I'd happily recommend Melda to anyone (apart from Msoundfactory) - (assuming they like the GUI) - either way I think the new look in V15 is a huge step forward.

• Like 1

Now Vojtech just need to steal the "smoky cloud" graphical artist from iZotope for marketing materials :)

The support manuals could also use an overhaul. Part of that is the boilerplate format used for them and the fact that they have to be geared for folks who only own that plugin, but it still takes users a bit of effort to delve into the Edit screen and feel comfortable in the guts of many applications.

• Like 3

As for the aforementioned 1st time buyer 20% off referral code, mine is MELDA1923165. Also, if you're not already on their mailing list, sign up for that and get a coupon for €10.

If you go for the MComplete Bundle, that will save you over $260, bringing the final cost down to just over $1000.

I like the new "device" UI's for functionality and inspiration, but maybe the best thing about them will be the end of the cries of "they need to change that godawful UI." 😁 Er, what I mean is that it's great that it will open up a big swath of customers who have been put off by the clinical look.

One of my issues about getting the most out of their plug-is is that there are so many controls and options I can fall down a rabbit hole trying to find something simple like how to change the speed of a modulator. The new device UI's group the parameters into sort of macros so that you still get the great-sounding processing but with controls whose functions are easier to grasp.

Yes, it will be a great day when Vojtech puts out the call for tech writers like he did for UI creators. Just last night I was struggling with MSpectralPan because I wanted the top frequencies in a sound to swirl back and forth. The manual was useless, I finally got it with a combination of a Chandler video and my own flailing around. Sure, it's part of the FreeFXBundle, but I upgraded my FreeFXBundle so now they are the "pro" versions. There's not "pro" documentation for them.

I hope that the success of the new UI's will hip him to the fact that people who aren't up on all the terms and concepts need help getting started. I've debated him on this and his stance is that he doesn't know where to draw the line as far as teaching vs. describing, and it's not his job to teach. I say that if you want to sell something called "MSpectralDelay," you should at least tell people what it can do. He can wave off describing EQ and compression, but wave folding is a different story.

• Like 4

If you are a first time buyer and planning to use someone’s 20% coupon, you can only ever use a first time coupon once.  Seems obvious but I used my first time coupon to upgrade from free bundle and saved like $5 dollars.  I should’ve saved it to upgrade to one of the larger bundles to save a lot more.  So lesson is don’t use it for something small like I did because you won’t be able to use a 1st time coupon ever again.  Some people waited years before they used someone’s first time buyer coupon.

• Great Idea 2

1 hour ago, kevin H said:

I should’ve saved it to upgrade to one of the larger bundles to save a lot more.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I thought you can't upgrade to a larger bundle and get a first time purchaser discount if you already bought something to upgrade from. Classic "Use it or lose it!"  In fact, I tried using a referral code, but couldn't because I had already bought something.

1 hour ago, User 905133 said:

Correct me if I am wrong, but I thought you can't upgrade to a larger bundle and get a first time purchaser discount if you already bought something to upgrade from. Classic "Use it or lose it!"  In fact, I tried using a referral code, but couldn't because I had already bought something.

Pretty sure someone else on this forum said they used the first time referral code after owning many of Melda products.  Are you sure you never used a referral code before?  It’s possible they changed the rules since.

36 minutes ago, kevin H said:

Are you sure you never used a referral code before?  It’s possible they changed the rules since.

Wait a sec.  Let me find my Melda invoices.  😉

I do remember trying to use a referral code a few months ago.  It was during one of the sales--60%, IIRC.  Not sure if I saved an image showing the reason I couldn't use it. 99% sure it was because I was not a first time purchaser, not that I had used a referral code before.  IIRC, someone did mention being able to use a referral code after having some Melda plug-ins, but I vaguely recall it might have been the free fx bundle, not a paid purchase (or something like that). 

Maybe the rules were changed.

NEW INFO:  Checked my balance history under "referral/credits."  Got +10 for signing up for the newsletter (July 2020); used that (-10) for a purchase (July 2021).  No referral credits received or used.

Edited by User 905133
New Info added

I didn't think you could use a referral code after you have purchased a Melda plugin.  I think I used mine way back on MAnalyzer or something...    Then the game was to pick up the one-off sales here and there and start collecting them to upgrade the bundles during a half-off sale. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, kevin H said:

If you are a first time buyer and planning to use someone’s 20% coupon, you can only ever use a first time coupon once.  Seems obvious but I used my first time coupon to upgrade from free bundle and saved like $5 dollars.  I should’ve saved it to upgrade to one of the larger bundles to save a lot more.  So lesson is don’t use it for something small like I did because you won’t be able to use a 1st time coupon ever again.  Some people waited years before they used someone’s first time buyer coupon.

Huh. I thought the referral discount was only good for your first purchase. I had no idea you could bank it for later use.

6 hours ago, mibby said:

I didn't think you could use a referral code after you have purchased a Melda plugin.  I think I used mine way back on MAnalyzer or something...    Then the game was to pick up the one-off sales here and there and start collecting them to upgrade the bundles during a half-off sale. 

If you buy straight from Melda I think you are right that you forfeit using a referral code .

However if you buy plugins from a 3rd party off the bat, I think you can still use a code.  

I recall using a code after I had melda plugins but it was my first time buying direct.  

At least that is what I remember happening.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1