Melda updated to v15

mibby

REALLY nice update.  After poking around for the past half hour, I really like the GUI changes.  Talk about variety- this is a 180 degree change from the "All Melda plug-ins look alike" criticism.  Just in MTurboDelay alone, 40 of the pre-sets have their own custom GUI's.  Insane!  Here are six snaps from MTdelay pre-sets:

Mturbo.thumb.jpg.3f99d1fbc89dfa2e60493e9b5fc53375.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Brian Lawler said:

REALLY nice update.  After poking around for the past half hour, I really like the GUI changes.  

YES....I know some people like the standard melda GUI but I much prefer a bit of eye-candy.  The new ones are great.  I hope they expand them to all of their plugs.....

(also Msoundfactory is still terrible but whatever :) ) 

2 hours ago, simon said:

YES....I know some people like the standard melda GUI but I much prefer a bit of eye-candy.  The new ones are great.  I hope they expand them to all of their plugs.....

(also Msoundfactory is still terrible but whatever :) ) 

There is an option to revert to the standard GUI, so it is the best of both worlds with this update.  

I bought Msoundfactory LE in the hopes of the eventual expeansion into more non-synth style products such as the excellent free piano.  Why the "hate" from your current perspective?

Edited by Brian Walton

WARNING... for anyone installing this on Windows 7 (either 64 bit or 32 bit). 

I found after installing this, CbB became unstable on Win 7 64 bit, and SPLAT unstable on 32 bit.  Cakewalk Command Center refused to run at all on 32 bit.

The solution is to re-install the Visual C++ redistributables.

The VC++ 2015-2019  package and the VC++  2013 package can be downloaded from here:  https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/the-latest-supported-visual-c-downloads-2647da03-1eea-4433-9aff-95f26a218cc0

VC++ Redist 2012 Update 4 can be downloaded here:  https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/download/details.aspx?id=30679

Once I'd installed these, everything was working again.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

Melda plugins are great and feature rich but many people are scarred off by the very clinical looking UI's.  This is a great idea, especially for new users. Plus the more advanced/less user friendly UI's are still there as an option if you want to dig deeper under the hood. 👍

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Brian Walton said:

I bought Msoundfactory LE in the hopes of the eventual expeansion into more non-synth style products such as the excellent free piano.  Why the "hate" from your current perspective?

it's really klunky (IMO) ,

the interface is ugly and a real CPU hog too.  

..I only have the free version with a couple of the free expansions.....

Compared to the alternatives I can't see anything to recommend it ?

27 minutes ago, simon said:

it's really klunky (IMO) ,

the interface is ugly and a real CPU hog too.  

..I only have the free version with a couple of the free expansions.....

Compared to the alternatives I can't see anything to recommend it ?

Simon...

Once you've sold your car and invested in the complete bundle you'll experience a love and satisfaction that can only be achieved by total surrender to great plugin goddess GASyMucho. 
Just remember that she is fickle and may periodically demand the burning of cash on her virtual alter as a show of devotion.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, chris.r said:

Cool. Does it install alongside v14 or it wipes out the previous version?

Obliterates it...
(the installer will want to overwrite previous install)

You might be able to finagle installing it in parallel but don't know how stable that would be.

Edited by TheSteven
  • Thanks 1