Rohan Takes a Walk - blues and boogie piano

jwnicholson78

14 hours ago, Bajan Blue said:

What tom said, even down to my Dad - well except the Porch thing, we didn't have one!!!!

love the performance

great stuff

NIgel

Seems to be a common theme. 

It's amazing how well those old memories stick with you.  Seems like just yesterday when I was a little kid, amazed by my father playing piano.  Even though it was ages ago, now.

8 hours ago, antler said:

You've got some great piano skills there, Jeff! I really enjoyed that, especially the bluesy key-change ending.

Is that a piano library, or a real recording? Sounds great either way.

Thanks so much!  It's a piano library.  I used the Grandeur from Native Instruments.

On 10/19/2021 at 11:55 AM, freddy j said:

Really nice playing!   You have combined boogie, Blues, and a bit of the W. C. Handy Blues-ragtime all into one song.  Wow!

On 10/19/2021 at 11:55 AM, freddy j said:

Really nice playing!   You have combined boogie, Blues, and a bit of the W. C. Handy Blues-ragtime all into one song.  Wow!

Thanks so much freddy!  I was trying to pull in a lot of different styles that influenced me.   Hope it worked! 

3 hours ago, Lynn Wilson said:

I love this style of music!  I particularly like the "road less travelled" arrangement; it's almost Scott Joplinesque.  More please!

Lynn,  thanks so much.  The comparison to Joplin is humbling.

I've only got a few solo piano pieces but here's a ragtime I did what seems like ages ago now.   I also did a version with some percussion and horns. 

• Like 1