Rohan Takes a Walk - blues and boogie piano

jwnicholson78

23 hours ago, David Sprouse said:

Love the boogie-woogie...first song I ever wrote was called *the boogie man* in 3rd grade.  It didn't sound like this haha.  Beautifully detailed this was.  I hope you're getting lots of gigs with these skills.

Thanks so much!  Not a single gig.    I play out with a band every now and then, but mostly prefer noodling around at home for my own entertainmnet

Jeff

12 hours ago, mark skinner said:

Fantastic performance !  I loved the tempo change around the 3 min. mark and the chord voicings. You also did a great job capturing the sound , I felt like I was sitting on the bench while listening.    Very impressive ..  mark 

I appreciate the comment about the chord voicing.  That something I've been working, so it's really nice to hear you say that.

8 hours ago, PhonoBrainer said:

So much variation and cool chord changes inside a boogie piece! My favorite part was in the 2:20's. Your piano capture is very smooth, clear highs and solid lows. What did you use?

Kudos on the ending as well - busting out the jazz chords! Great chops.

cheers.

-Tom

I sat down to try and write a straight boogie, but it turns out I get bored easily, and didn't take long before I started straying from a strict 1-4-5.

The piano is the Grandeur, from Native Instruments.  I used the Deep Grandeur preset, added in just a touch of parallel compression and little bit of EQ to clean up some of the mud.  Other than that, I mostly left it alone to do it's thing.

Jeff, this reminds of coming home from school and the old man would be playing the piano. You had to sit on the porch and listen, ‘cause if you came thru the door down went the lid on the keys. He was a horn player and I guess never felt comfortable with an audience when he was “ticklin’ the ivories”.

Well done , much enjoyed!

t

Edited by DeeringAmps
  • Like 1

On 10/5/2021 at 10:15 PM, DeeringAmps said:

Jeff, this reminds of coming home from school and the old man would be playing the piano. You had to sit on the porch and listen, ‘cause if you came thru the door down went the lid on the keys. He was a horn player and I guess never felt comfortable with an audience when he was “ticklin’ the ivories”.

t

Thanks so much!  I love your comment, because it reminds me of listening to my father play piano when I was young.  He only knew a few songs, but he loved to play them and it was my soundtrack when I was kid.

Edited by jwnicholson78
  • Like 1

On 10/6/2021 at 4:15 AM, DeeringAmps said:

t

What tom said, even down to my Dad - well except the Porch thing, we didn't have one!!!!

love the performance

great stuff

NIgel

• Like 1