Soundiron Desk Bell (free)

antler

This thing is actually more versatile and playable than I imagined at first glance... Not a gimmick! :)

Includes 20 handcrafted ambient pads. Encroaching on Chromaphone territory!

Walkthrough: Desk Bell! | Free Sample Library

Edited by abacab
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, antler said:

This is actually quite a good freebie - here's a quick tune I wrote using only sounds from it

You sold me on this--except for one thing:

The full retail version of Native Instruments Kontakt version 5.5 (or later) is required to use .nki instrument presets included in this library. The free Kontakt "Player" and "Add Library" import process do not support this standard open-format Kontakt library. 

Seriously though, that's a very nice quickie / demo you did.

Edited by User 905133

Seriously though, full Kontakt opens up an entire world of less expensive and free libraries. It's definitely worth looking into. For example, I got The Fiddle, The STEEL, and The Resonator from Indigenous for $59 each! https://www.indiginus.com/

There is a serious markup for Player compatible libraries due to licensing fees the developer must pay to NI.

I held out with Kontakt Player for years, but finally did the crossgrade to the full Kontakt version this year, when it was on sale for 50% off. But definitely wait for another sale if you are thinking about diving in! I got Kontakt for $124.50 + tax vs. full retail of $399. :)

• Thanks 1
  • Great Idea 1

58 minutes ago, User 905133 said:

Seriously though, that's a very nice quickie / demo you did.

Thanks - glad you liked it.

I'm not associated with any music related company, so this isn't an attempt at any kind of upsell, but if you're considering Full Kontakt at some point, it might be an idea to pick up a Player library that you can upgrade to Kontakt with. Libraries and Kontakt upgrades go on sale from time to time, and once you get full Kontakt a whole world of freebies gets opened up, e.g. I've picked up 32 free KLANG instruments so far; there's a free edition of DRONAR; and some online stores sometimes have time-limited offers of a free library with a minimum spend.

Edit: and also what abacab said

Edited by antler
  • Thanks 1
  • Great Idea 1

13 hours ago, antler said:

. . . . if you're considering Full Kontakt at some point, it might be an idea to pick up a Player library that you can upgrade to Kontakt with.

13 hours ago, abacab said:

. . . full Kontakt opens up an entire world of less expensive and free libraries.

Thanks for the suggestions.  I dabbled with all sorts of stuff from NI for years after being introduced to them with a version of GR3 that came with SONAR Producer ages ago.  My current audio PC still has some updated NI software I last played around with in 2020.  Over the years I have occasionally sat down with fellow electronic musicians well versed in using Kontakt and had some direct hands-on guidance.   I totally get that NI stuff has a lot to offer.

Edited by User 905133
removed superfluous details

Oh man, who’d thunk a desk bell could be like this! I love the real deal and that’s why I get kicked out of hotel lobbies, but they took it to the next level with this one😅 dunno if I’ll ever find much use for it, but I’ve just spent to of the loveliest hours I’ve had so far this October with it now!