Hero (Original Song)

CSW

I wrote this song about someone I know who is very close to me.
They came down with cancer and this is about their struggle and hope while going thru chemo, surgery and the heavy emotional toll that it takes on a person. They are cancer free today and I pray that they remain that way till the end.

Any comments and critiques appreciated.

Regards

Craig

• Like 1

Craig,

First, very inspirational message.   Anyone who has been through cancer or knows someone who has understands the importance of positive thought and a strong support system.   

I like the song, performance, harmonies, etc...  Maybe add an atmospheric pad in the intro behind the guitar to add some dimension.   The only other thing I noticed is some of the transitions seem like they run out of gas.  The verses, chorus, etc.. are very strong but the transitions back to verse or into chorus somethings run out of steam for a second.   Maybe work out some drum fills to bring the energy up or down more seamlessly, or, add some transitional effects for the shift in energy/direction, or something to fill the space in those areas.    Love what you did with the guitar delay, superb.

Regards

8 hours ago, markno999 said:

Craig,

First, very inspirational message.   Anyone who has been through cancer or knows someone who has understands the importance of positive thought and a strong support system.   

I like the song, performance, harmonies, etc...  Maybe add an atmospheric pad in the intro behind the guitar to add some dimension.   The only other thing I noticed is some of the transitions seem like they run out of gas.  The verses, chorus, etc.. are very strong but the transitions back to verse or into chorus somethings run out of steam for a second.   Maybe work out some drum fills to bring the energy up or down more seamlessly, or, add some transitional effects for the shift in energy/direction, or something to fill the space in those areas.    Love what you did with the guitar delay, superb.

Regards

Hi Mark,

You hit the nail on the head!  The phrase "run out of gas" is the way I feel about it too. I'm gonna try  your suggestions.  When I was setting the markers in the DAW I didn't really have a strong sense of the verse and chorus delineations lyrically. The bridge is defined IMO but working the musical transitions should help.... my only problem is what the heck exactly to do.  I wish I knew a really good keyboard/ Synth Ace. I did a project with Dan Campian from the old cakewalk forum...man what a great keyboardist/arranger he is. I You also have great ideas.  If you want to take a stab at it let me know. I'm out of gas on this one!

Craig