New export menu a nightmare

Keith Marriott

6 hours ago, Keith Marriott said:

RE 'Cakewalk Project - 27-09-2021, 10-30pm - Mix.wav'

I am trying to export the MP3 with the same name as the audio file I have added.

So say I add an audio file called Haggis (one of them is called Haggis), I then try to create a new MP3 in a subfolder called Haggis.

This works the first time but when I change the  audio file (one called fish fingers - don't ask the album is called food for thought) it wants to overwrite the project name called new mix. I don't know why, I am just creating a new export.

The new system would be a great addition but you should have the option of not using it! 

I've been using Cakewalk for at least 15 years so I thought I was pretty good with it.

Really looking like I'll have to revert my whole PC to an older build as (and this has been mentioned before) it doesn't look like Bandlab makes old versions available to download and install..

Can you show us a screenshot of what you see in the export dialogue? I have a feeling you have a bunch of stuff in the task queue rather than just exporting the audio.

Like Noel said, you can pretty much delete everything in the export name box and type whatever you like in there, basically ignoring 90% of the new features if you want. That works identically to the old method, albeit with a different look.

21 hours ago, User 905133 said:

Nothing pedantic about using yyyy-mm-dd format; its purely pragmatic esp. in terms of date-sorting.

This is actually an international standard, ISO 8601, which defines a format for representing dates and times. For dates, it's year-month-day.  Hours-minutes-seconds is also standard. 

ISO 8601 is quite comprehensive, and standardizes notation for weeks and even durations. You can find out all you want to know about it (actually, probably more than you want to know!) here

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Craig Anderton said:

This is actually an international standard, ISO 8601, which defines a format for representing dates and times. For dates, it's year-month-day.  Hours-minutes-seconds is also standard. 

ISO 8601 is quite comprehensive, and standardizes notation for weeks and even durations. You can find out all you want to know about it (actually, probably more than you want to know!) here

Isn't it hh:mm:ss ?

3 hours ago, Craig Anderton said:

Wow! Thanks. I've been using an international date notation standard for decades and didn't know it.