Cakewalk for video projection.

Sergio Miranda

Hi guys

I'm trying to use Cakewalk for video projection, importing a video to Cakewalk's video track and play it  synchronised with the music.
My problem: I cannot have the video playing in full screen when I hit PLAY. So, is there a way to get the video started in full screen when I hit PLAY?
Or are better ways to do it?

Thank you.

Edited by Sergio Miranda

3 hours ago, Sergio Miranda said:

I cannot have the video playing in full screen when I hit PLAY. So, is there a way to get the video started in full screen when I hit PLAY?

Spacebar on the keyboard is the default shortcut to start/stop the transport.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, scook said:

Right-click the in the video view and change the Stretch Options to "Full Screen"

After that , it may be necessary to click the CbB icon in the task bar to give it focus to use the Spacebar to toggle the transport.

Man are you joking right? I said I want THE VIDEO VIEW TO CHANGE TO FULL SCREEN  WHEN I HIT PLAY..... I can't be more clear than this. I dont want to right click to get the FULL SCREEN in the Stretch options...

Edited by Sergio Miranda

There is no way to do what you want. However, this could work to a certain extent:

Create a shortcut for full view for video size.

• Open video window
  • Hit spacebar to play video+audio
  • Click on the video window
  • Apply the shortcut
  • (you'll get the full screen video running)

It will not be what you need, I know, but it's closer.

--- or invert the thought process: embed the audio in your video using a video editor, or even CW export video features - , and use a video player with that capability instead?

Edited by Andres Medina
  • Thanks 1
  • Great Idea 1

17 hours ago, Andres Medina said:

There is no way to do what you want. However, this could work to a certain extent:

Create a shortcut for full view for video size.

• Open video window
  • Hit spacebar to play video+audio
  • Click on the video window
  • Apply the shortcut
  • (you'll get the full screen video running)

It will not be what you need, I know, but it's closer.

--- or invert the thought process: embed the audio in your video using a video editor, or even CW export video features - , and use a video player with that capability instead?

Your solution somehow worked for me. Some brain and patience can make wonderfull things.... Thank you. Just an advice to the other participants: never be slave of any software, they always do much more than what it is expected to...

Edited by Sergio Miranda

Some of the replies in this thread have been less than helpful and resulted in a ticket being raised.  I would remind people the purpose of these forums is to provided knowledge, help and assistance to fellow users or to seek help from Cakewalk support.

Consequently it is best, if you have nothing constructive to say, not to say anything.

It has also been noted that the OP's request is more a Feature request there I suggest he makes such a request in the appropriate Feedback Loop forum.

I note a solution has been found so to stop any more negativity I will close this thread down.