OH LORD

Supa Reels

18 hours ago, Lynn Wilson said:

This is superb!  I like the mix, melody, vocal, and arrangement very much.  Nicely done, Steve!

16 hours ago, David Sprouse said:

Lots of great word painting.   Your voice reminds me of phil collins in this.   A tip of the hat to classic blues, with a  modern  percussion track and melody.

15 hours ago, PhonoBrainer said:

That is a very clear and smooth vocal performance, and with the lyrics create a moody brooding vibe. Well done.

For a mix idea, maybe that constant 16th hi hat could drop in and out.

nice one!

cheers,

-Tom

9 hours ago, noynekker said:

Steve . . . absolutely magical upfront lead vocal vocal mix man ! So glad you revisited this one, love that organ vibe as well, and subtle percussion . . . in our modern world, apparently you still have a voice.

Thanks guys ...Still doing my kitchen so no new stuff,  but the boss gave me a day and I thought I would try the Bandlab mixing app on this old song. Found it to be very good, how do they do this stuff for nicks ? 

Thanks Bandlab👍

This was recorded using my old but still working Tascam 688 ( now mixed down ) so whilst I agree with Tom here I can't loose the 16th H/H ...shame but I might have a go at doing it again, it's just at  70 the old voice ain't got the horses it did have 😞. just for the record I used my DX7 for the organ ... still a great bit'o'kit.

Stay well

Steve

• 1 month later...