Sleeping Dogs Lie

53mph

There is something about the overall sound that feels little off, perhaps over compressed I do not quite know and then it ended and this rumble played on for a good 10 seconds.

Nice tune, some very pleasant playing but I think the mix needs a little revisit.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Wookiee said:

There is something about the overall sound that feels little off, perhaps over compressed I do not quite know and then it ended and this rumble played on for a good 10 seconds.

Nice tune, some very pleasant playing but I think the mix needs a little revisit.

Thanks wookiee,

I'm mastering using Ozone Standard, and trying to EQ match it to other tracks in the EP, that may have coloured the sound too much. The rumble is intentional - I like using atmospheric sounds, but perhaps it goes on too long - I'll go back to the master stage and see if I can shorten it.

UPDATED TRACK NOW UP

Edited by Philip G Hunt

Super chill, the dobro adds the old-school to the nu school. Very cool comp. For me the bass needs a dip cut somewhere around 250hz maybe? It's eating a lot of the energy of this track, maybe the higher end elements will benefit from less bass presence in the mix.

YMMV and I'm wrong a lot.  :)

but excellence in chill.

cheers,

-Tom

• Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, PhonoBrainer said:

Super chill, the dobro adds the old-school to the nu school. Very cool comp. For me the bass needs a dip cut somewhere around 250hz maybe? It's eating a lot of the energy of this track, maybe the higher end elements will benefit from less bass presence in the mix.

YMMV and I'm wrong a lot.  :)

but excellence in chill.

cheers,

-Tom

I'll give it a go. I mix on headphones, so I often get the bass wrong.

Cheers 👍

Edited by Philip G Hunt