What theme does looks like Apple's Logic Pro?

Deleted Account

• 2 months later...
On 9/25/2021 at 6:45 PM, Starship Krupa said:

Here's a version of Logical that I updated with the current browser tabs and other artwork:

Erik, are you planning on updating the Logical theme with the 2021-12 updates for the archive buttons?  Just curious...

Thanks,

Brian

Edited by Brian Nixon
Requested to remove out-of-date file link
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, GeniussX said:

Hello everybody,
i´m new with Bandlab, i have download the Locial Theme File, but it looks like not Logic !?
the entire header with the icons and time information is still standard from Bandlab.
Can someone post a screenshot from Logic Theme?

thx

Hi there, welcome to the forum.

Themes don't completely replace the existing graphics of Cakewalk; they just give it a "flavor". So, your expectations of what is possible through Cakewalk theming may not be met. 

I did a quick comparison between the latest "Logical" theme and some screen-shots of Apple Logic, and I think it would be possible to get closer to Logic's look and feel, particularly in the area of the Control Bar.

But it would be a lot of work, and wouldn't change the basic widget shapes and placement from what they are in Cakewalk.

I recommend trying a few different themes and switching between them, and you'll soon get an appreciation of what is possible, and what is not.

"Same spouse, different clothes" is one way of putting it (okay I read that on a forum somewhere  and it stuck with me)

Edited by Colin Nicholls
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, GeniussX said:

Hello everybody,
i´m new with Bandlab, i have download the Locial Theme File, but it looks like not Logic !?
the entire header with the icons and time information is still standard from Bandlab.
Can someone post a screenshot from Logic Theme?

Basically, what can be done with Theme Editor is change the colors and sometimes, the look of the buttons. So yes, the icons and time display are going to look very similar to Cakewalk, just in different colors. Logical is someone's idea of the Logic color scheme, applied to Cakewalk. I don't even know their name.

If you want a dark theme that is more complete and IMO, even improves the clarity and legibility of the Cakewalk UI rather than just changing colors, try my Racing Green or Midnight Blue. Or one of Matthew's many dark "M" themes. They go further than just changing some colors. We put thought into legibility and visibility of control status as well as making it more attractive. I especially pay attention to making gridlines more visible, via the custom color presets that go with my themes. I find the stock gridlines difficult to see. Tungsten RS adds the clarity features without changing the Tungsten colors.

Edited by Starship Krupa

9 minutes ago, Brian Nixon said:

Thanks Erik!  I also edited my earlier message to you to remove the link to the old file.

Brian

I made one humongous change, which came after I actually looked at some Logic Pro screenshots: I gave the Piano Roll a Tungsten-style dark color scheme. This matches the rest of the dark UI and more closely resembles Logic's piano roll. I hope the change is welcome. If you want to revert to a light PRV, just open it in Theme Editor and remove the PRV colors.

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, hotboyondatrakk said:

Can anyone tell me where I can get Logic Pro X theme and a studio one 5 theme from on the internet?

Are you looking for themes for Logic and Studio One, or Cakewalk themes that look like those programs?

There is one Cakewalk theme that gives Cakewalk similar colors to Logic's defaults, there's a link to it earlier in this thread. I don't know of any Cakewalk theme that looks like Studio One.

If you want themes for the other DAW's, Google "Logic Pro themes" or "Studio One themes."

• 6 months later...