Transfer MP3 to Iphone or Ipod ?

rfssongs

There’s dozens of ways to put both MP3 or even wave files on your phone. 
You don’t really have to use iTunes but believe it or not that’s the most simple way as iTunes will sync to all devices.
It is the only reason I even suffer having iTunes on my PC.  My biggest pet peeve is it seems to need to upgrade every few days!!??

Nag, nag, nag  

But it is important to me to be able to proof mixes on the phone seeing as that’s probably going to be how people are going to listen. 
 I simply drag and drop the MP3 into the iTunes music folder and it will then sync up with my phone. How hard is that?

Other ways I have used

email your self the song. 
put it in drop box

put it in one drive

put it in Google drive 

put it in iCloud Drive 

post it on you tube 

post it one Sound Click 

post it on Reverbnation

post it on Facebook 

post it on sound cloud

Edited by John Vere
  • Like 1

I would not want one of their computers but I do prefer the iPhone to my wife’s Samsung which I find very hard to navigate. Once you figure out how to beat an iPhone into submission then they are actually more user friendly than  most. But these items suck

1-no headphone jack

2- no way to add more storage 

3- no drag and drop other than pictures 

4- becomes obsolete with updates 

I email myself the mp3 or whatever format, then I save to files on my iPhone.   The files "app" on the iPhone can be a little glitchy on playback, but I email myself daily mixes to listen to on my commute and it's simple as hell.

I don't even have iTunes installed on my studio computer since it's such a big bloated beast.  But it's not needed to send yourself files.

• Like 1

There’s a very good free app called Smash which allows you to transfer very large files or data between devices. I‘ve used it to transfer groups of large files to my PC from both an iPad and an Android phone. I think you should be able to use it to transfer in the other direction, ie from a PC to an iPhone.

Details at:

https://en.fromsmash.com/

I hope this helps.

Tom

30 minutes ago, Tom Taylor said:

There’s a very good free app called Smash which allows you to transfer very large files or data between devices. I‘ve used it to transfer groups of large files to my PC from both an iPad and an Android phone. I think you should be able to use it to transfer in the other direction, ie from a PC to an iPhone.

Details at:

https://en.fromsmash.com/

I hope this helps.

Tom

Will give it a look thanks.

3 hours ago, John Ritter said:

I email myself the mp3 or whatever format, then I save to files on my iPhone.   The files "app" on the iPhone can be a little glitchy on playback, but I email myself daily mixes to listen to on my commute and it's simple as hell.

I don't even have iTunes installed on my studio computer since it's such a big bloated beast.  But it's not needed to send yourself files.

Ya, I don't even know why I keep it installed anymore. As a matter of fact after reading what you just said,,, I'm gunna nuke it right now!   I have been using One Drive. I save my MP3 masters there anyhow and I can get at them from all my computers and my iPhone. 

• Like 1