AmpliTube SVX 2 $49.99 - not a deal if you already own IK product

mcmd

1 hour ago, Nick Blanc said:

Really? Because I've been looking for an extra 99 buy-in. Do you receive a code or what and boom you're golden?

Yup. register your code with IK and  you're in at the $99.99 level.  17+ freebies ☺️

1 hour ago, telecode 101 said:

i need something on sale in the $199 tier.

In case you missed it in the 100+pages of the main thread, and for reference for other people, here is the formula for a 44% discount and getting in at the $199 tier:

(1) buy 200 gear credits from IK for $111.99 and 48 jampoints

(2) use the gear credits in Amplitube custom shop (install if needed, free download) and get an Amplitube 5 crossgrade (assuming that your account is up to crossgrade level, but considering that your target tier is $199 it's probably a good assumption)

(note: if not at crossgrade level yet, either get the SVX2 in the OP first, and get 2 entries in the GB, or check buy/sell forums and find an old but cheap higher-tier IK product. Resale prices of older IK products is currently pretty low, since people have been getting plenty of upgrades as a result of the group buy)

From the gear credits and Amplitube 5 you'll get 18 gear credits back (net "expense" of gear credits is 30)

Edited by Eusebio Rufian-Zilbermann
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Eusebio Rufian-Zilbermann said:

In case you missed it in the 100+pages of the main thread, and for reference for other people, here is the formula for a 44% discount and getting in at the $199 tier:

(1) buy 200 gear credits from IK for $111.99 and 48 jampoints

(2) use the gear credits in Amplitube custom shop (install if needed, free download) and get an Amplitube 5 crossgrade (assuming that your account is up to crossgrade level, but considering that your target tier is $199 it's probably a good assumption)

(note: if not at crossgrade level yet, either get the SVX2 in the OP first, and get 2 entries in the GB, or check buy/sell forums and find an old but cheap higher-tier IK product. Resale prices of older IK products is currently pretty low, since people have been getting plenty of upgrades as a result of the group buy)

From the gear credits and Amplitube 5 you'll get 18 gear credits back (net "expense" of gear credits is 30)

Yeah.. I am aware of that. But I am looking for something on sale in the $30 to $40 range to get me into the tier. IIRC, MODO Drums CE was around $40 at one point earlier in the sale.

1 hour ago, telecode 101 said:

does it matter if you buy from that store or IKM  directly? I can get the same price from both.

I think it matters!

Isn't IKM's regular price 49.99 for the upgrade? That would only let you choose products 49.99 and below!

This is apparently is the full, 99.99 version for sale at 49.99. Once you register it, IKM sees it as a 99.99 spend and lets you choose items up to that value.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

confirmed working. i am in a second time in the GB. darn IKM and their deals.

---

So this plugin almost blew my ear drum. I gotta post a support ticket. I was using it on a bass track and playing around with the mic positioning in the cab section.. and when i moved the mic way to the bottom of the cab.. it turned into +200db squealing digital noise. Now I learnt why some engineers on GS always use a limiter on the master channel when working. 😞

Edited by telecode 101
  • Haha 3