Abbey Road Gem (Not a Deal)

Billy86

Full disclosure: I'm a proud Beatles/Abbey Road geek! Plugins? Yeah, I got 'em. Currently reading "Solid State,"  about The Beatles bringing the band in for a bumpy landing during the Get Back/Let it Be/Abbey Road period... 

I got this in my email from Abbey Road (I'm on the mailing list) and just had to share b/c I thought it was hilarious! For the true Beatles fan/Abbey Road Studio geek on your gift list!

An EMI TG12345 Mixing Console Jigsaw Puzzle. Whaaat??? Yes,  boys and girls, you heard that right! :)

image.png.d292ece168ba67211bc5389da957f3af.png

From Abbey Road: "The TG desk, delivered to Abbey Road in 1968, was EMI’s first solid-state (i.e. transistorised console) and superseded the vacuum tube-based REDD range of desks. The TG was the first console to include a limiter/ compressor, EQ and metering for each channel, and the smooth, clean sound of the TG can be heard on legendary albums such as Abbey Road by The Beatles and The Dark Side of the Moon by Pink Floyd. The Mk III TG12345 photographed for this puzzle, as well as a very similar Mk II version, are still available for use on recordings at Abbey Road today." 

Now, where did I put that vinyl cutting lathe??? 

• Like 4

I’ve got all of the Abbey Road Waves plug ins.  I’m also a huge Beatles fan.  For some reason, the puzzle is not on my wish list.  

Did have to pick up a few Abbey Road T Shirts while visiting a couple years ago. .. and of course do the zigzag cross walk in Beatle form.

Edited by michaelhanson

1 hour ago, michaelhanson said:

I’ve got all of the Abbey Road Waves plug ins.  I’m also a huge Beatles fan.  For some reason, the puzzle is not on my wish list.  

Did have to pick up a few Abbey Road T Shirts while visiting a couple years ago. .. and of course do the zigzag cross walk in Beatle form.

Funny addition, right? Now you can be the first on your block. 😉 https://shop.abbeyroad.com/*/*/EMI-TG12345-Mixing-Console-Jigsaw-Puzzle/73ML0000000