How to delete part of clip pane?

Larry T.

4 hours ago, martsave martin s said:

you can drag the clip

Thank You....that's about the only thing i didn't try....just about finished with this project and i really didn't want to make a mistake and lose it....can't get back to it till later today....Thanks again 🎹🎸🎧🎶

First you should be backing projects up to a second drive from time to time. I do this before I shut down for the day or before I proceed to make a major change to something. Use “Save As”. 

As said above you can drag a whole song by using Ctrl A to select all. But good idea to make sure there’s no data in the blank space first 

Also be sure to use a snap to grid setting like 1/2 note to keep stuff on the grid. 

Edited by John Vere
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Andres Medina said:

If you want to delete the whole blank space for all the tracks in your project, use the Ripple Edit command (see pic, right up corner). Engage it and when you press delete, EVERYTHING in the selected area is gone. Remember to disengage it later!

Imagen1.png

Thank You....i will try that tonight....the reason i ask is because when i export by using the File/Export way the .wav file created has 17 seconds of silence at the beginning, not the 2 seconds i created at the fade in....so, it appears i don't have to clear the first part of all the tracks (maybe 12 or so) but, maybe i will....Thanks again 🎙️🔊🎸🎹

21 hours ago, Andres Medina said:

If you want to delete the whole blank space for all the tracks in your project, use the Ripple Edit command (see pic, right up corner). Engage it and when you press delete, EVERYTHING in the selected area is gone. Remember to disengage it later!

Imagen1.png

Yes, this worked!!!!....here is how:

1. Select all tracks by clicking on their numbers so as to highlight them (as i had noise on all the tracks at their beginnings so, all needed to have that noise deleted).

2. Go to Options.

3. Click on Ripple Edit All.

4. Drag the Record Head from start of tracks to where you want to do the edits (i dragged it from 1 to 7).

5. Use the mouse on the Clips Pane and drag from 7 back to 1 thereby highlighting the areas on all the clips panes.

6. Press Delete on your keyboard.

7. Voila! The edits were finally done.

8. GO BACK IN TO OPTIONS AND DE-SELECT RIPPLE EDIT ALL (thanks for that Andres!!!! 🎶🎹🎸🎷)

Edited by Larry T.
spelling.

Just now, gmp said:

Before you choose to Export, select all the tracks and make sure the selection starts at 15 sec or so, instead of at 0 sec

Yes and now with the export dialog in 2021.09, it is easy to setup an export task with fixed start and end times

• Thanks 1