Bounce Question

Tez

Fast bounce is not related to the buffer size option directly. All it means is that Cakewalk exports as fast as it can and is not gated by realtime playback.
The custom buffer size itself only applies when Realtime playback is unchecked in the 2021.09.

The only change in 09 is that fast bounce is now renamed to "Render in real-time". So to do the equivalent of a fast bounce make sure render in real-time is unchecked.

19 hours ago, Noel Borthwick said:

Fast bounce is not related to the buffer size option directly. All it means is that Cakewalk exports as fast as it can and is not gated by realtime playback.
The custom buffer size itself only applies when Realtime playback is unchecked in the 2021.09.

The only change in 09 is that fast bounce is now renamed to "Render in real-time". So to do the equivalent of a fast bounce make sure render in real-time is unchecked.

With buffer size set to "350" in the Export window and selecting Bounce to clip on a single track, the audio disappears. I set the buffer size to "Playback" in the export window went back to the clip and selecting Bounce to clip on a single track and it work fine. So the buffer size in th Eport window has an impact on just regular clip bouncing. It seems strange that the Export function is impacting just regular editing of clips.

Thanks

Roc

Edited by rocstudio

3 hours ago, Noel Borthwick said:

Yes the that buffer size is global so is used by bounce to clip as well. That part is not new to this release.
Perhaps we should ignore that setting for bounce to clips since it has no UI.

I like your idea about ignoring the setting because there is no UI! It's not critical but that would probably eliminate any miss understanding.

Thanks for the explanation!

Roc

13 minutes ago, Noel Borthwick said:

@rocstudio I'm not seeing any cases where audio disappears when you do a bounce to clip with buffer size set to 350. If you can reproduce this can you share a zip of your project folder so we can look at it?

I took my project and deleted all but two tracks. Created a copy of each track and bounced the copy to show there is no audio. The export buffer set to 350. Link below.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1o0p48ZkTzQ91W7g8YdhpZYasxrmDhQ3t/view?usp=sharing

Thanks for looking at this!

Roc

20 minutes ago, Noel Borthwick said:

I can repro it with your file! I'll investigate it thanks.

Interesting... I just opened the file I sent to you and right clicked on the guitar clip and Bounced to Clip and got the same result. No audio!

I'm not sure what's going on! I hope you find it!

Here is a screen shot of the Export window.

Thank again@

Roc

image.thumb.png.3da5c715a512dbe64c8bfbdbaca8a37e.png