Freakshow Industries Nightmare Bundle Sale $30

dubdisciple

Describing their plugin is a challenge because even their descriptions are cryptic. The three plugins in the bundle are:

Mishby- It's a kinda distortion glitch, nightmare something with equal parts satan and Unicorn tape saturation

Dumpster Fire is what  imagine Chthulu's farts sound like

Backmask  is a reverser but with extra ffjdsfgdsuyiuydsui

These are certainly nothing anyone needs except for those who need them! Great for sound designers.  here is ADSR's description:

Freakshow Nightmare Effects Bundle

Freakshow Industries is opening the portals to another dimension with this disgusting bundle. Cult hysteria, demonic entities, just gross stuff. If you can stomach the GUI's, you'll find some nasty effects to make your Halloween Sounds terrifying.

https://www.adsrsounds.com/product/software/freakshow-industries-freakshow-nightmare-bundle/

In one of the weirdest marketing schemes, they offer the option to steal and will give you a license for free after letting you know you are a horrible human being.

Edited by dubdisciple
  • Like 1

Thanks for posting.  It serves as a reminder to me.  

I copped this 'free' a while back.  They are all trippy and mostly unpredictable.  I told myself I'd cop some of their mech if I thought they were cool, and I do so I guess now is the time.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I am a big fan of their processors, especially Dumpster Fire, which I have in the category "Enhancer" in my plug-in list.

After that, Backmask is really fun, and has some features I've not seen with other reverser plug-ins, like a randomizer.

MISHBY is a combination broken cassette deck emulator and grain delay. I think.

The cool thing about them is that they are made to turn tracks into smoking wreckage, but they don't do it in as jaggedy a way as similarly-intended FX from Glitchmachines and Unfiltered Audio. You might have to try them to hear what I mean. And the UI's are a treat for the eyes, with happy Lovecraftian horrors. Sure, this or that plug-in may be ROLI-compatible, whatever that means, but these have tentacles and levers that plead with you not to push them further and knobs that frown if you turn them toward their less destructive range.

I think I got them all for $20 each in a Pluginboutique sale, so $30 for the set is a great deal. I like them so much, and also like their marketing anti-style so much (okay, videos that don't actually include demonstrations of the sounds?? That's so wrong that it folds back around and becomes right) that I am perfectly happy with having paid double. I know that our thing here in the Deals subforum is to squeeze maximum software for minimum bucks, but I get so much enjoyment out of Dumpster Fire alone that I thought they deserved compensation.

The marketing, the website, the FX, they remind me of the feeling I got after seeing Devo for the first time on Saturday Night Live, doing "Satisfaction." Like lining up your homemade dragster at the wrong end of the strip, putting it in reverse and stomping the throttle, but then turning a decent 1/4 mile time.

It's also fun to gently troll discussions of snake oil-y enhancers (whoo, it boosts the level and upper mids, Fletcher and Munson would be proud) by mentioning Dumpster Fire. It sincerely really is my favorite "enhancer," although I do also like Slate Fresh Air.

Sometimes I put it on a track when I'm feeling frustrated, then after demolishing it for a while, remove Dumpster Fire and get on with my project. It lets off steam. Maybe I should put a Dumpster Fire bus in my templates so that I can do this more easily.

The weird thing is that I don't think that, despite my obvious fanboy attitude toward them, I've ever committed any to a final mix. They're just fun to have around. Especially when other sick-minded people visit the studio.

• Like 3