How to make a split point between two or more instruments in cakewalk?

MichelCA

Question

Hi i'm using a plugin/vst which it has a string quartet preset that fits perfect to the music and the project I'm working on. So basically what I've done until now is making 4 separated tracks with different midi channel inputs to have  different instruments  such as violin, viola, etc.  I can make them sound at the same time when I play (that's what I wanted), but now I want to set a specific range for each individual track 

i.e : Track 1 violin  starting from G4 to D6, track 2 viola  from C3 to G4, track 3... and so and so. This way I can play all the 4 instruments at once with several split points  and not like layers. Because at the moment they sound all together in the same range and I don't like that. Is there any solution? I could do this on FL studio but i don't know how this work in cakewalk. 

4 answers to this question

57 minutes ago, David Baay said:

Insert the  Event Filter MIDI FX in the bin of each MIDI track with appropriate min and max 'key' settings. Keep in mind that the default octave numbering in Cakewalk designates Middle as C5:

https://www.cakewalk.com/Documentation?product=Cakewalk&language=3&help=EditingMIDI.64.html

You are a genius!! thank you man it worked perfectly! that's what I wanted 

5 hours ago, David Baay said:

Nah, just an old-timer.  ;^)  Glad to help. Tell all the kids on Facebook that the most experienced and knowledgeable  guys (and a few gals) are all over here on the CW forum. 😎

Sure, the best information it always comes from this forum. About the makn topic, It's a hidden feature by the way, I tried to find it but I'd never think that option is under the name "Event Filter MIDI FX* it you wouldn't tell me 😅