Beatles Cover - Trailer Style

Mark Morgon-Shaw

Been a Beatles fan since 1967....the music is excellent in creating the mood you wanted as are the vocals, really like the singer....the playing, percussion, riffs and production are all great....it's just, imho, the music is not in agreement with the lyrics...which is, i assume, exactly what you wanted. so, as a long time Beatles fan i would pass but this being the 21st century the zeitgeist is not what it was 54 years ago. 

• Thanks 1

You don't hear songs so radically changed as your cover but it works very well. You could say it's a new song (except for the lyrics) influenced by the Beatles.  Wonder how many listeners are familiar with the original these days.

Reminds me of another cover.  Pink Martini did Que Sera Sera in a minor key which takes a little getting used to.

-Bjorn

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, bitflipper said:

Reminds me of the impact that the cover of the Beatles' "Because" had in the trailer for Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets. Too bad the movie wasn't as good as the trailer.

Cool, I just listened to it - I must have missed it first time around.  That doesn't sound like a cover, it sounds too much like the original vocal stem to me. 

Sometimes it happens that a trailer composer has access to multi-track stems of original artists songs although I've not heard it done with a Beatles song before. 

Also you sometimes get what's called a ' custom overlay' where they take the original mix and layer new parts around it to give it a different feel for the trailer. But this doesn't sound like that as there's no guitar etc.    

Edited by Mark MoreThan-Shaw

• 3 weeks later...