Toontrack release Upright EBX! £59 / $79 / €69

Time+Space

Toontrack Upright EBX

TOONTRACK UPRIGHT EBX

EZbass and the EBX range has been among the most sought after products by Toontrack, and they've just added another high-quality Upright Bass. The slightly muffled but still vibrantly resonant, earthy and dark timbre of the upright bass has seeped through every tier in our music history, from its first iteration several hundred years ago until today.

The Toontrack Upright EBX for EZbass comes with a handpicked, acoustic upright bass, sampled to capture the complex and unique hallmarks of this classic instrument. In addition to the sounds, it also includes a broad selection of presets as well as a custom content of MIDI basslines.

Toontrack Upright EBX Key Features:

• A meticulously captured acoustic upright bass
  • Recorded using an onboard piezo pickup as well as five different microphone configurations
  • Includes a collection of presets covering a broad range of tones for various genres, styles and microphone blend.
  • Comes with a custom MIDI library tailored for the instrument and fretless/upright playing style.

The Upright EBX requires the latest version of EZbass to work as intended and is available to buy now, priced £59 / $79 / €69

GET IT HERE

2 hours ago, Yan Filiatrault said:

I’m waiting on Bapu’s review in the next hour or so.

BREAKING NEWS

Bapu is in no real hurry to get this one. "Eventually yes, but not today" he was reported saying.

Edited by Bapu
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Full disclosure:  I'm not going to buy any more Toontrack basses. 

But especially not acoustic ones.  There are so many really great ones out there in all price ranges, including many cheaper than this.

I would just go to the many VI:Control posts about best acoustic basses and read up.

Like this very recent one:

https://vi-control.net/community/threads/jazz-upright-bass.114289/#post-4910405

On the other hand, I look forward to the Toontrack acoustic bass MIDI. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Anyone that is poo poo’ing EZBass is really just missing the big picture. It makes perfect sense that Toontrack is not sampling multiple notes per string and keeping the EBX sample sizes so much smaller than other commercial bass libraries on the market.  They need to leave room for their future release of “Superior Bass!”

• Great Idea 1
  • Haha 4

This is from EZ BAss manual:

As incredible as EZbass is as a pure virtual instrument, it is intended as a songwriting tool. Songwriting can start out in the details, but is more productive when making broad strokes that flow well together and gradually choosing finer and finer tools.

• Great Idea 2