Anyone Else Having Track Folder Issues ?

I use Track Folders all the time but I noticed that there seemed to be some weird glitch with them recently

Folders not responding to the + or - button  and tracks that were in folders appearing that they were outside the folder

I was trying various things to stop it happening as I had work to do and a deadline tomorrow, when I found it was something to do with the Lens I was using.

I'd flipped to my own Lens at some point toward the end of the project and when I switched back to "None" the weird folder behaviour returned to normal.

Hmm, I've seen the thing where Track Folders won't open or close, but it was only on one project, so I wrote it off as a glitch. I also experienced stuff like Take Lanes not expanding along with it. Then I'd click around until I found the magic button that would jar the whole deal back into whack. That was usually expanding a collapsed Track  or Folder or similar. Then "poof," working fine again for a while. It went away for good after I deleted a bunch of unused takes.

Lenses you say? The global lens or the one for the track headers?

I've seen a number of track related issues when using Lenses.

I suspect things get confused if you're adding/deleting tracks (or moving to & from folders) and you've got the "Track View Control Order" setting checked within the Lens Manager.

Does it still cause issues if this option is unchecked?

Edited by msmcleod

13 hours ago, Starship Krupa said:

Was this just with a single project? In my case it was, a project I have been working on for over a year, so lots of deletions and undo steps.

it happened with 2 projects but they were both fine when I stopped using the lens

I produce a couple of tracks each week so they were made in the latest version entirely , I've finished them now as the deadline was the end of April.

11 hours ago, msmcleod said:

Does it still cause issues if this option is unchecked?

I'll have to try it on my next project as those are all finished and backed up for the publisher..hopefully no edit notes will come back.

Will see if I can replicate it on the current cue

I'm having the folders not staying where I drag them - the order keeps reverting to an earlier version.  I don't use lenses but I'll look around and see if there might be a hidden default I wasn't aware of, like this one from Startrouper Krupa:

"I just tried setting the global lens to none, and the issue went away."

and this one from msmcleod:

"Track View Control Order"

Thanks guys

• 10 months later...
On 5/6/2019 at 3:05 PM, Adam Grossman said:

YES!  Been having this too in an older project of mine.  I can't expand the folders.  This is just recently happening

I have had this happen again on my new PC !

Luckily I figured out a workaround.  Click the little square to the right of the folder + or - button to select all tracks, then press H to hide them and then in the dialogue box tick to make them visible again the folder Expand / Collapse function returns to normal...Huzzah ! 

I have no idea what's caused it though

• 5 months later...
On 9/25/2020 at 10:13 AM, Michael Myers said:

Somehow I had accidentally hidden the tracks

I ran into the exact same issue recently. After initially considering issues such as Workspaces/bugs/etc. opened up the track manager to see that all tracks in the folder for multiple folders had been hidden, but not the track folder itself. ..??

Assuming it might be the inadvertant selection of some keyboard shortcut  for now. Wouldn't be the first time. 

• Like 1