Morten Saether

2021.09 Feedback

1 hour ago, Einstein R said:

Speaking of Export, one little gripe I have is the export has finished dialog box that sits on top of the clock near the lower right hand corner indefinitely. Is there a way to make that go away, say after 30 seconds or so....

Thanks..

There was a heated ūüėõdiscussion about this detail in the Early Access... so you are not alone in this request. :)

• Like 2

On 9/23/2021 at 8:05 AM, Jonathan Sasor said:

Notice on the upper right side- you have the Workspace set to "Basic". It's doing this by design. Set this to "None" instead.

...and be aware that you may also customize your modules as you want/need and save a workspace with a new name.

With version 2021.09 the upsample function (render & playback) seems to have a bug.
When I do a render (freeze track) of a synthesizer on which I have set the upsample function, the result is an audio file with a stutter effect.

If I open an existing project, on which the upsample function (2X) is on and whose synthesizer tracks have not been frozen, it is absolutely necessary to set the upsample function to off and then to on, otherwise the sound is completely distorted. 

If I unfreeze a track that was playing correctly from an existing project and then freeze it again, I end up with stutter

I also sometimes get a message that the sampling rate of the synthesizer is not correctly set at the time of rendering...

Test made with the synthesizers of the Komplete Ultimate 13 suite and the Synthogy pianos

x299 9980XE Skylake X 18-Core 64g ram Apollo thunderbolt audio card

@Jean Corivo Have you tried rolling  back to the prior release to verify that this is actually specific to 09?
Upsample on render depends on whether the plugin supports it. Not all synths support it properly. Also by any chance are you setting the render buffer size to a higher value?

2 hours ago, Noel Borthwick said:

@Jean Corivo Have you tried rolling  back to the prior release to verify that this is actually specific to 09?
Upsample on render depends on whether the plugin supports it. Not all synths support it properly. Also by any chance are you setting the render buffer size to a higher value?

@Noel Borthwick 

Hi Noel,

I did the test of reinstalling Cakewalk 2021.06 Update 3 (build 27.06.0.058) without changing any asio parameter of the apollo UAD card. The render (freeze track) works fine with oversampling on

I then reinstalled version 2021.09, I open the same project and try to render on the same track and I only hear stutter. It gives the impression that the synthesizers are no longer synchronized on the wordclock reference of the project.

I did the test with a new project, same result.

All the tests were done with a sampling rate of 48khz 

Edited by Jean Corivo
  • Thanks 1

HELP !!!
I've upgraded to the new version this morning and CW close directly after opening or when I try to open/create a project!!!
Uninstall/reinstall does not make any difference...
I'ts not the first time that I find this issue when upgrading.

1 hour ago, Tlx said:

HELP !!!
I've upgraded to the new version this morning and CW close directly after opening or when I try to open/create a project!!!

Hi @Tlx - you can try opening Cakewalk in safe mode: press and hold the shift key while Cakewalk launches. This is useful for disabling plugins in case one of them is causing issues on project load, although it seems unlikely this is happening on launch of a clean project, such as the "Empty" template.

What are you using for an audio interface?  

If your issues persist, you can also try reverting to version 2021.06 with the rollback installer here. Keep us posted.

3 hours ago, Tlx said:

HELP !!!

Which version of Windows are you running?
This sounds like you potentially have a bad installation and some components did not install properly if its crashing immediately on creating a new project. I suggest rebooting your computer make sure you don’t have Antivirus software running and then try reinstalling Cakewalk.
You can also rollback to the last version and reinstall the software again.

Hi!
Nothing works,
rollback says it's not the good  version (it wants 221.06)... and vanish.

New : crash when connecting my  midi keyboard (ICON 64 on a DERIINGER U-PHORIA UMC404, that works since many years without issue)

I'm affraid I need to erase all keys in the registery of my computer (PC Win 10)

Uninstall + hard cleaning of register + reinstall...
Everithing seems all right.
I often have issues when update....
Thank you for your help

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Max Arwood said:

Still getting bad export and freeze with Trillion.

ASIO 2048 Bounce buffer 200

Try a lower buffer size. Noel recommended under 50ms unless you know your plugs are fully compatible with Cakewalk and higher buffers.

On 9/23/2021 at 9:41 AM, Jack Stoner said:

"C'mon, Bandlab! The Assistant app is long overdue for a fix."

I didn't want to say it but I will.  Its a POS with the continual problems I have with updating the app and Cakewalk.

I only use it to get the Cakewalk updates and since I can do it within Cakewalk I really don't need the buggy Bandlab app.

I haven't used the BandLab Assitant since they stopped requiring it for updating Cakewalk. If you don't use the BandLab online for anything, there's really no reason to even have it installed anymore.

On 9/24/2021 at 8:20 PM, Johnny F said:

Something about the new Export feature has me totally stumped....

It used to be the case that you could include in the file info not just the track name but also the artist and album name in such a way that it was digitally 'baked' in. I do understand that you can use tags to include those variables in the file name, but how do you lock that info into the actual file so artist and album name displays underneath the track name in either the wav or mp3 file when you stream it from (for example) Google Drive or Dropbox? I've tried filling the info into the Notes section within CbB before exporting, but it doesn't do this. It only feeds the file naming tags. I hope I've not made this clear as mud! Any help with this would be v much appreciated.

I didn't word this helpfully at all. I'm wondering how you embed metadata and ID3 into WAV or MP3 files via the new export function. Can you even do that now?!

4 minutes ago, Johnny F said:

I didn't word this helpfully at all. I'm wondering how you embed metadata and ID3 into WAV or MP3 files via the new export function. Can you even do that now?!

If you specify MP3 as an output format, the MP3 Export Options dialog will appear either when clicking Export or clicking the "Add Task" button.

When the MP3 Export Options dialog appears, make sure you check the "Encode ID3 info" checkbox:image.thumb.png.2d57aaeae6d20374bbccd272e8cc96e0.png

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, msmcleod said:

If you specify MP3 as an output format, the MP3 Export Options dialog will appear either when clicking Export or clicking the "Add Task" button.

When the MP3 Export Options dialog appears, make sure you check the "Encode ID3 info" checkbox:image.thumb.png.2d57aaeae6d20374bbccd272e8cc96e0.png

Thank you so much, that's awesome! My self-induced* headache might go away now!

*Because I'm an idiot!

Edited by Johnny F

4 minutes ago, msmcleod said:

My memory may be failing (no comment :-)) but doesn't some of that pull from the Info tab in the browser?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Kevin Perry said:

My memory may be failing (no comment :-)) but doesn't some of that pull from the Info tab in the browser?

I filled in the notes pre-export and it didn't fill it in automatically BUT I failed to find the ID3 function at all (as per my initial question) so I'm not a reliable witness!