Jump to content
Morten Saether

2021.09 Feedback

Recommended Posts

I don’t know if this is only local to my system, but in the Articulation Map Editor window I’ve noticed a peculiar dot at the beginning of each text string in the Articulation Map treeview. They only seem to occur on folder levels (those with an arrow) and not on the lowest (map) level. I haven’t seen this before, but as I haven’t created or modified any articulation maps for a few months I actually don’t know if this is new to 2021.09 or not. The image is fetched from CbB 2021.09 build 145. Not a biggie, but perhaps it’s easy to fix?

lB3hx6K.jpg

Edit: This issue was later fixed in 2021.11 EA1. 👍

Edited by Canopus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/23/2021 at 3:58 PM, Andres Medina said:

Same here, and I'm on the latest version (2021.09 build 145). Not big deal, but it makes reading a bit harsh.

 

 

Imagen1.png

Off topic Andres - but are you using Ravenscroft?  I just recently went back to using it.  It just works so well!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is there any way NOT to create the "Audio Export" folder automatically?
I usually export the files directly under the project folder and don't want to delete the empty export folder every time.
When I start the new project without the file name and save it later, it won't create the folder. But it will later at some point.
If what I want is impossible for now, I would love to have an option to decide if I want or don't want to create the export folder in the further update.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Alan Bachman said:

Off topic Andres - but are you using Ravenscroft?  I just recently went back to using it.  It just works so well!

Ravenscroft, the piano by VI Labs? just googled it. Never heard of it. Sounds great though!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/23/2021 at 8:38 PM, Canopus said:

I don’t know if this is only local to my system, but in the Articulation Map Editor window I’ve noticed a peculiar dot at the beginning of each text string in the Articulation Map treeview. They only seem to occur on folder levels (those with an arrow) and not on the lowest (map) level. I haven’t seen this before, but as I haven’t created or modified any articulation maps for a few months I actually don’t know if this is new to 2021.09 or not. The image is fetched from CbB 2021.09 build 145. Not a biggie, but perhaps it’s easy to fix?

lB3hx6K.jpg

Thanks @Canopus - this will be fixed for the next update.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Tomoko Mikami said:

Is there any way NOT to create the "Audio Export" folder automatically?
I usually export the files directly under the project folder and don't want to delete the empty export folder every time.
When I start the new project without the file name and save it later, it won't create the folder. But it will later at some point.
If what I want is impossible for now, I would love to have an option to decide if I want or don't want to create the export folder in the further update.

The default export location is %PROJECTFOLDER%\Audio Export
Cakewalk will auto create that folder whenever you export. You can change the folder name or location to anything you prefer.
If you are saving to the project folder (like most people do) its actually saving you an extra step so there should be no need to delete the folder if you use the same folder name. Maybe I'm not understanding your issue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi All,

 

I searched the topic and the forum ahd couldn't find this specific issue. Of course I may have missed it, so I apologize if it's already been covered.

When exporting to MP3 I may set the bit depth to something other than the new default of 256. When I export the next clip, I'd like my previous selection to persist. Instead, it goes back to the default of 256.

Can we get the setting to persist, at least in the same session? And maybe the default setting can be changed by the user in Preferences?

Thanks!

Tom

Edited by XBaker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Noel Borthwick said:

The default export location is %PROJECTFOLDER%\Audio Export
Cakewalk will auto create that folder whenever you export. You can change the folder name or location to anything you prefer.
If you are saving to the project folder (like most people do) its actually saving you an extra step so there should be no need to delete the folder if you use the same folder name. Maybe I'm not understanding your issue.

I think it's a bit different issue. I understand how the export location thing works. 
The problem is that it creates the "Audio Export" folder even when I'm not exporting the audio but only editing the MIDI tracks.
It also creates the empty "Audio Export" folder at where it is mentioned in the location settings or the export dialog, even when I directly export to the project folder.
Where it creates doesn't matter, auto creation matters. Am I making sense?

Edited by Tomoko Mikami
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/20/2021 at 11:43 AM, Milton Sica said:

I have seen playback loss on some projects.

To solve the problem, just close the project and open it again.

Any suggestions to work around this problem?

Friends, I still have audio dropouts. It had achieved success only by closing the project and reopening it. Now I can only recover audio playback if I close the daw and reopen it again.

Any tips for me to be able to do this recovery?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Milton Sica said:

Friends, I still have audio dropouts. It had achieved success only by closing the project and reopening it. Now I can only recover audio playback if I close the daw and reopen it again.

Any tips for me to be able to do this recovery?

There are so many crazy unpredictable things that can happen with computers and a complex program like CbB. This is why I'd suggest to everyone to have a disaster recovery plan. Of course this isn't a disaster, but it's frustrating and you wonder where the problem is. You can spend a long time troubleshooting. 

The easier path is to make a clone of your boot drive when everything is working ok and put that in when things are perplexing and first see if things are ok then.

Another great thing with CbB is the rollback feature where you can rollback to a previous version and see if that fixes it. I save all the install versions of CbB in case I need to go that route. I also have scook Launchpad that enables you to save the Cakewalk Core folder which is only about 200-300 meg and go back to a previous version using that.

Since the problem could be an auto Win Update. The safest thing to do is to disable Win Updates and to enable Win Updates when you go to a new CbB version. After it's installed and all the Win Updates are up to date. Save that as an image file using the free Macrium or Acronis. 

The image is exactly like a clone of your boot drive. If you go this route you should try and keep your C drive lean - only OS and programs, no samples or data. Use other HD's for that. My C drive is about 67 gigs and the compressed  images are about 33 gigs

When things go haywire and they always do eventually, I first try a previous CbB, if that doesn't work then I'll make an image of my current C drive and revert to an earlier image when everything was working to try to determine if my OS got corrupted or what.

Troubleshooting is far easier if you have these tools - good luck.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...