2021.09 Feedback

Morten Saether

I don’t know if this is only local to my system, but in the Articulation Map Editor window I’ve noticed a peculiar dot at the beginning of each text string in the Articulation Map treeview. They only seem to occur on folder levels (those with an arrow) and not on the lowest (map) level. I haven’t seen this before, but as I haven’t created or modified any articulation maps for a few months I actually don’t know if this is new to 2021.09 or not. The image is fetched from CbB 2021.09 build 145. Not a biggie, but perhaps it’s easy to fix?

lB3hx6K.jpg

Edit: This issue was later fixed in 2021.11 EA1. 👍

Edited by Canopus

On 10/23/2021 at 3:58 PM, Andres Medina said:

Same here, and I'm on the latest version (2021.09 build 145). Not big deal, but it makes reading a bit harsh.

Imagen1.png

Off topic Andres - but are you using Ravenscroft?  I just recently went back to using it.  It just works so well!

Is there any way NOT to create the "Audio Export" folder automatically?
I usually export the files directly under the project folder and don't want to delete the empty export folder every time.
When I start the new project without the file name and save it later, it won't create the folder. But it will later at some point.
If what I want is impossible for now, I would love to have an option to decide if I want or don't want to create the export folder in the further update.

On 10/23/2021 at 8:38 PM, Canopus said:

I don’t know if this is only local to my system, but in the Articulation Map Editor window I’ve noticed a peculiar dot at the beginning of each text string in the Articulation Map treeview. They only seem to occur on folder levels (those with an arrow) and not on the lowest (map) level. I haven’t seen this before, but as I haven’t created or modified any articulation maps for a few months I actually don’t know if this is new to 2021.09 or not. The image is fetched from CbB 2021.09 build 145. Not a biggie, but perhaps it’s easy to fix?

lB3hx6K.jpg

Thanks @Canopus - this will be fixed for the next update.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Tomoko Mikami said:

Is there any way NOT to create the "Audio Export" folder automatically?
I usually export the files directly under the project folder and don't want to delete the empty export folder every time.
When I start the new project without the file name and save it later, it won't create the folder. But it will later at some point.
If what I want is impossible for now, I would love to have an option to decide if I want or don't want to create the export folder in the further update.

The default export location is %PROJECTFOLDER%\Audio Export
Cakewalk will auto create that folder whenever you export. You can change the folder name or location to anything you prefer.
If you are saving to the project folder (like most people do) its actually saving you an extra step so there should be no need to delete the folder if you use the same folder name. Maybe I'm not understanding your issue.

Hi All,

I searched the topic and the forum ahd couldn't find this specific issue. Of course I may have missed it, so I apologize if it's already been covered.

When exporting to MP3 I may set the bit depth to something other than the new default of 256. When I export the next clip, I'd like my previous selection to persist. Instead, it goes back to the default of 256.

Can we get the setting to persist, at least in the same session? And maybe the default setting can be changed by the user in Preferences?

Thanks!

Tom

Edited by XBaker

6 hours ago, Noel Borthwick said:

The default export location is %PROJECTFOLDER%\Audio Export
Cakewalk will auto create that folder whenever you export. You can change the folder name or location to anything you prefer.
If you are saving to the project folder (like most people do) its actually saving you an extra step so there should be no need to delete the folder if you use the same folder name. Maybe I'm not understanding your issue.

I think it's a bit different issue. I understand how the export location thing works. 
The problem is that it creates the "Audio Export" folder even when I'm not exporting the audio but only editing the MIDI tracks.
It also creates the empty "Audio Export" folder at where it is mentioned in the location settings or the export dialog, even when I directly export to the project folder.
Where it creates doesn't matter, auto creation matters. Am I making sense?

Edited by Tomoko Mikami
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Milton Sica said:

Friends, I still have audio dropouts. It had achieved success only by closing the project and reopening it. Now I can only recover audio playback if I close the daw and reopen it again.

Any tips for me to be able to do this recovery?

There are so many crazy unpredictable things that can happen with computers and a complex program like CbB. This is why I'd suggest to everyone to have a disaster recovery plan. Of course this isn't a disaster, but it's frustrating and you wonder where the problem is. You can spend a long time troubleshooting. 

The easier path is to make a clone of your boot drive when everything is working ok and put that in when things are perplexing and first see if things are ok then.

Another great thing with CbB is the rollback feature where you can rollback to a previous version and see if that fixes it. I save all the install versions of CbB in case I need to go that route. I also have scook Launchpad that enables you to save the Cakewalk Core folder which is only about 200-300 meg and go back to a previous version using that.

Since the problem could be an auto Win Update. The safest thing to do is to disable Win Updates and to enable Win Updates when you go to a new CbB version. After it's installed and all the Win Updates are up to date. Save that as an image file using the free Macrium or Acronis. 

The image is exactly like a clone of your boot drive. If you go this route you should try and keep your C drive lean - only OS and programs, no samples or data. Use other HD's for that. My C drive is about 67 gigs and the compressed  images are about 33 gigs

When things go haywire and they always do eventually, I first try a previous CbB, if that doesn't work then I'll make an image of my current C drive and revert to an earlier image when everything was working to try to determine if my OS got corrupted or what.

Troubleshooting is far easier if you have these tools - good luck.

• Thanks 1

• Morten Saether unfeatured and unpinned this topic
  • 1 month later...
On 10/5/2021 at 2:38 PM, scook said:

For the piano roll to be available there must be at least one instrument or MIDI track in the project.

I'm saving my file with two VST plugin tracks and piano roll and the same thing keeps happening.
The position of the window is not memorized and appears in a wrong position.

Cakewalk has a problem.
The position of the piano roll window is not saved when you move the position of the piano roll window to the second monitor.

In this video you can see but I can only record one monitor.
I place the window.
I save the file.
I close cakewalk.
I open Cakewalk.
I open the file.
The position of the piano roll window was not saved and appears misplaced and I need to relocate it.

On 12/30/2021 at 4:15 PM, User 905133 said:

A couple of diagnostic questions:  (1) What did you do on your main monitor when the one you show here goes black? (2) What Workspace are you using?

1 - I just saved the file and closed cakewalk (second 0:08 in the video)

2- I don't recall selecting any workspaces so I assume I use the default

Edited by IndieDev