5. Select only the Master Bus

6. Select a Task and named it

7. Closed the Export Window

8. Saved as a new Preset

9. Opened the New Template

10. Named  the Project

11. Select a Time Portion

12. Select my Preset in the Export Window

12. I can see the "Saved with the Template" Task, but all "used" Busses are selected and when I Export it, it will write a File for every used Bus.

The Problem is, when I close the Export Window with only the Master Bus selected and I open it again, all busses are selected again, so it's saved with all busses selected in the Template. If the Export Window is open I can't save the Template...... (So sorry I have not used this in the EA time, but have not worked much 3 weeks cause of a heavy depression (no wonder in these bad times))

So how can I save in the Project Template to have only the Master Bus selected? Can't find out....

Thank you very much;)

Bassman.

Ok, a couple of things:

1. Presets contain your default filename, format, source category type & render options. They are meant to be global and do not save the chosen source category items themselves (which are project specific) or anything to do with project track or time selection.

2. Tasks are project specific.  These contain everything that is in the dialog at the time you created the task.

If you want to recall a task, you need to double click the task to recall its settings once you've opened the export dialog.

• Thanks 1

Just a note of gratitude and acknowledgment...

I've had a long standing issue with crashes while changing projects. Seeming to relate to plugins contained, but never confirmed as such.

The Team has been following up on it and noted to me to see how this update does regarding this...

Excellent! So far with all settings (severity etc.) the same, I am getting essentially none of the previous guaranteed crashes long prior. Great owrk!

Many thanks!

On 9/27/2021 at 6:59 PM, Milton Sica said:

I retrieved the task information and when saving again, the ID3 information remains the same as the first run.

The ID3 settings are saved with the task. When you recall a task, the ID3 tags are read from the task, not form the Notes Browser. 

To apply the current Notes Browser settings, try this instead:

1. Recall the task, then close the Export dialog.
  2. Reopen the Export dialog, then click the task's menu button and select Update Task with Current Settings. This will apply the current Notes Browser settings as long as you don't recall the task settings first.

Hi, I think this is where problems are reported.

I use two monitors, Cakewalk does not seem to be saving the state of the windows, their position, size etc ...

I configure my windows like this, the red line is the division of the monitors.
I save the file with this arrangement of the windows.

Captura2.thumb.PNG.ced01215aa3d379906ab15415383fac1.PNG

Then I load the file and get this
The piano roll window does not appear as I positioned it.
Forget the tracks, just note that the piano roll window did not save its settings and the user has to reposition it
Captura.thumb.PNG.79b6290e6ae78748eb33ee90799903ce.PNG

Edited by IndieDev

Has anyone noticed a slight lag in this update?  For example when cutting a clip in two there's a slight delay before the mouse cursor becomes available again.

This definitely happened after the update.

I'm not sure if it's coincidence but I'm sure it never happened before.

Hi. I installed the update and it gave an error which says "Code could not run because mfc120u.dll couldn't found. Reinstalling the program may resolve this issue." In CbB it seems like Version 2021.09(Build 145) installed. Do I need a reinstallation or should I ignore the error?

cakewalk202109hata.png

For the new function,

Allow multiple MIDI files to be dragged into a project simultaneously

You can now import multiple MIDI files into a project by dragging from Windows or the Media Browser.

By default, multiple tracks are created. To import back-to-back instead, hold down CTRL+SHIFT when dragging the MIDI files into a project.

Perhaps this is explained somewhere else here? I could not find it:

I find that the "back-to-back" import with CTRL+SHIFT actually places the consecutive MIDI clips with their first note, whatever beat it may fall on in the original clip, to be placed not after the last note/beat of the previous clip in what I would call a back-to-back fashion, but instead it overlaps this clip's first note with the last note of the previous clip whatever beat that happens to fall on. This is unexpected behavior to me, but perhaps it is the intended one?

681360224_Screenshot2021-10-05144510.png.bfcfab03b4773109ff65b6e143511235.png

And if I force the clips to be imported to only one open track lane, the last note of the previous clip is simply overwritten by the first note of the next clip at the precise beat where that former last note would have fallen.

Can someone explain the logic behind this overlapping for consecutive clips?  I had expected the following clip to be, at least,  placed at the end boundary of the previous clip.

Edited by winkpain

Here is something weird that is happening (may be related to the last build, not sure):

I open a project (CWP), with this name [Reputacion Cancion Cierre V2 en G Ok10], and when loading, CW asks for this OTHER project [Reputacion Cancion Cierre V2 en G Ok7], which is an older version saved with audio in another location...! ... any ideas? - it's so weird -

Imagen1.png

Imagen2.png

1 hour ago, winkpain said:

For the new function,

Perhaps this is explained somewhere else here? I could not find it:

I find that the "back-to-back" import with CTRL+SHIFT actually places the consecutive MIDI clips with their first note, whatever beat it may fall on in the original clip, to be placed not after the last note/beat of the previous clip in what I would call a back-to-back fashion, but instead it overlaps this clip's first note with the last note of the previous clip whatever beat that happens to fall on. This is unexpected behavior to me, but perhaps it is the intended one?

681360224_Screenshot2021-10-05144510.png.bfcfab03b4773109ff65b6e143511235.png

And if I force the clips to be imported to only one open track lane, the last note of the previous clip is simply overwritten by the first note of the next clip at the precise beat where that former last note would have fallen.

Can someone explain the logic behind this overlapping for consecutive clips?  I had expected the following clip to be, at least,  placed at the end boundary of the previous clip.

This is now logged, thanks. If you CTRL + Shift drag the clips directly to a track lane, it should import them without the overlap. 

• Like 1

The External Encoder is now fixed, but when I run my custom External Encoder Preset called "Mp3+wav", it does created both files. Yet if the file name is exactly the same as one previously used, I do get a message about whether to replace the wav file with the same name with the new wav file. 

Yet that doesn't happen with the Mp3, it simply replaces the older mp3 with the new one. With the old export window it asked if I wanted to replace for both wav and MP3. I'm using build 145

Edited by gmp

45 minutes ago, Jonathan Sasor said:

This is now logged, thanks. If you CTRL + Shift drag the clips directly to a track lane, it should import them without the overlap. 

Ah! So it's not intended. That's good to know.

Also, while CTRL+SHIFT dragging the clips directly to a track lane does not technically overlap the previous clip, it does overwrite the last note of the previous clip, placing the first note of the following clip at the very point in time that this overwritten note once was.  (I mentioned this with a later edit in my original reply.)

Been away from recording for a while.  Started up today and got a notice that an update is available [2021.9].  I downloaded it, and pressed install.  Went thru a couple machinations and said that 2021.9 requires the 2021.6 update to be installed.  OK.  When I looked around, I could not find a link to download 2021.6.  Any searches I did would only produce "features"

Sorry for my attitude here, but:  if the person [people] programming the install of this update knew enough to have an interrupt like this, they should be able to, in the same message, say where it can be found.  Or even [?] automatically sequence it?

Can anybody help me with this?