BFD3 Project Template (with custom key map/drum map)

jackson white

From  Deals | 50% off BFD and Expansions

"Thanks for the guidance, Jackson. Any chance you could save a Track Template of one of your setups using an included kit and share it to give me a head start? Appreciate the overview in any case."

cut down a recent project to create a custom template for how a basic kit in BFD3 could be used with CxB. 

NOTES: 
> use case: basic acoustic kit and rolling your own MIDI grooves 
> assumes the latest version of BFD3
> most, if not all kit pieces should be from the BFD3 Core Library (not confirmed)
> the direct kit pieces and OH, Room, Ambient, Master Out channels in the BFD mixer are routed to discrete channels in CxB.
> the FX in BFD might be used to get a kit sound for the "tracking" stage but in general, all mixing done in CxB  
> general approach: get a basic kit sound using OH/Room/Ambient channels, then add/mix in direct channels and fine tune with additional ambient channels thru Ambient or Master Out. BFD supports additional auxes if it helps organize things.  
> the original  project used a parallel drum buss for compression/harmonic distortion. Left in the sends and aux for that. 
> MIDI channels are broken out per a preferred workflow. A CxB drum map and BFD keymap are included for the BFD preset with a screenshot of the PRV. 

FILES:
CxB template:    
> copy  CxB BFD3 template.cwt to your CxB Project Templates dir

CxB drum map:
> copy  SM BFD3 5Cym 4Tom 4Perc.map to your CxB Drum Maps dir 

BFD preset:
> copy  SM Baseline.bfd3 and  SM Baseline.png (file icon) to your BFD user preset dir  (i.e. Documents | BFD Drums | BFD3 | Presets)

BFD kit:     (Not sure this is needed, included in case it is.) 
> copy  SM Baseline.bfd3kit and  SM Baseline.png (file icon) to your BFD user preset dir  (i.e. Documents | BFD Drums | BFD3 | Kits)

BFD keymap:
> copy SM 5Cym 4Tom 4Perc.bfd3map and  SM 5Cym 4Tom 4Perc.png (file icon) to your user keymap dir (i.e. Documents | BFD Drums | BFD3 | Maps) 

NB. These all work with my current ecosystem, but were not tested anywhere else. 

CxB BFD3 template.zip

Edited by jackson white
  • Like 1

• 11 months later...