Newbie here

chris battistelli

Hi, totally new here and to daws in general.  I would like to record my accordion into cakewalk and then be able to playback and then send as an mp3.  This is all I want at this point.  Should I use a USB mic To record or use plug from accordion itself to USB connector straight on laptop.  Any help would be appreciated?  I'm not going to be buying audio interfaces or anything like that.

Thanks

Chris

You're not gonna want to hear this, but you're only going to make it hard on yourself without a real audio interface.

You might be able to muddle through "ok" but if you ever want to record more than one track or on top of something else you're probably going to run into problems.

Spend the $100 or so and save your forehead....

Edited by bdickens

USB mikes are a waste of money because you can’t use them like a proper mike with professional audio equipment. No XLR cable. 
And most have no audio driver so  your system will never be working properly. 
Your actually better off using the little jack but then you waste more money on adapters. 

If you look into the UMC202, you are getting into the price territory of the Focusrite Scarlett. https://www.amazon.com/Behringer-UMC202HD-BEHRINGER-U-PHORIA-2-Channel/dp/B00QHURUBE

The Scarlett Solo is good for one instrument or mic at a time. Stereo out. Full ASIO support from Focusrite. https://www.amazon.com/Focusrite-Scarlett-Audio-Interface-Tools/dp/B07QR6Z1JB?th=1

But you will still need a good mic with XLR cable to record an acoustic instrument, if you cannot direct input via line.

Disclaimer, I am a happy Scarlett 2i2 user. The 2i2 can record two mics or lines at once, perfect for recording from a stereo source via L/R line in, or L/R stereo with two room mics. Or a mono instrument line and a mic. :)

• Like 1