How can I save track sizes and position?

gmp

Many times when I'm doing a mix, which I do with the track and clip pane in view. I set the size of the vocal track bigger than other tracks and have things like guitar fills, piano fills, backup vocals a little smaller in track size. I have a zoom level that's good for seeing everything set also.

Then I find I need to work on a track, like if I hear a noise on the vocal. I then maximize it so I can see the waveform good, I may greatly zoom in. Once it's fixed I'd like to return to the view I had previously. Sometimes hitting the U key will return to the previous view, yet if it's a zoom or more complicated then I have to go back and resize the tracks.

What's the best way for me to save this view in this particular song once I have it the way I like it and then how can I return to that view. I think a long time ago I tried to solve this with Screensets and Worflow view, but I have a feeling things have changed and I can do this I hope

Any suggestions?

1 hour ago, Bristol_Jonesey said:

Screensets will do this, as will Workspaces

I find Screensets a little more intuitive, but your mileage may vary

I'll give Screensets a try, it's been years since I have. Strangely when I right click the control bar and choose "Modules" I don't see Screensets in the list like I used to. Any idea why it's not showing up? Can screensets be globally disabled?

Workspace to None did it. I tried Screensets and also Workspaces. I see no way to save the size of the tracks in the Track Pane. I'd like the size of the vocal track, guitar fills,+ backup vocals larger. It seems neither of these will save the size. maybe I'm missing something. Any solutions to this?

I can see this as a great addition. Would be nice to have a simple lock icon for track height. - Or get the heights set for a particular project and control select all tracks to lock heights. Key binding would be great too.

maybe create a  thread on the feedback forum.

Edited by RBH

I'm referring to the vertical size of the tracks in the left Track Pane. I like my vocal track larger so I can see the waveform really well in the Clip pane to the right. It's also good to have the harmony vocals and guitar fill tracks larger. This is very helpful when writing volume automation.  If you find a way to do this, let me know

20 minutes ago, User 905133 said:

Track height?  If so, what happens if you set the height for each track the way you want and then choose "Lock Height" for each track?

I tried Workspaces and Track Height does not seem to get saved / restored, but at least on my PC the individual heights got stored after I resaved a project.

"If so, what happens if you set the height for each track the way you want and then choose "Lock Height" for each track?" -

Yes, each track is saved with the specified height.

Not sure what happens if saving the workspace retains the locked heights, not tried it.

Here's my post from the other thread

I think this will solve my problem. I went ahead and changed my template so that Lock Height is already selected on tracks I want it. You can still change the height of a track and then that's the new locked height. When you lock the height of a track, its height does not change when you use a Zoom or Fit command and those are the commands that was affecting my work flow.

25 minutes ago, gmp said:

Here's my post from the other thread

I think this will solve my problem. I went ahead and changed my template so that Lock Height is already selected on tracks I want it. You can still change the height of a track and then that's the new locked height. When you lock the height of a track, its height does not change when you use a Zoom or Fit command and those are the commands that was affecting my work flow.

Great - 

CW is REALLY flexible.