Find out when & where your Guitar was made

Old Joad

Just type in the serial number of your axe, and find out when and where it was made...

My Gibson LP was made in Nashville TN. 1996

https://zinginstruments.com/gibson-serial-number-lookup/

My Stratocaster HSS was made in Corona. Cal. 2014

https://zinginstruments.com/fender-serial-number-lookup/

I'm adding this link by hsm where you can look up all kinds of guitars.

https://www.guitarinsite.nl/SERIENUMMERS-fgm_eng.php

Edited by Old Joad

• Old Joad changed the title to Find out when & where your Gibson or Fender was made
5 hours ago, Bapu said:

Here's my Stratocaster SSS. Odd that it's covered by 2 date ranges. I bought it new in 1986 and thus I'm 99.99999999% certain it was not built in 1997-1998.

image.png.8b4aae040953ec050bec3918c17c1013.png

But not 100% certain, just to be clear...  So, time travel is still an option, ya? 🤔😜

• Great Idea 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Bapu said:

My Gibson EB3 was made in Kalamazoo 1971-1972

My Black Beauty Custom was made there in 83. Someone on the old forum from my area out here bought it. Everyone loved that guitar and said something was wring with my ears but I never cared for it. I can't remember who bought but I hope they love it. It was a really nice looking guitar and truly road worn. 100% original.

10 minutes ago, Shane_B. said:

My Black Beauty Custom was made there in 83. Someone on the old forum from my area out here bought it. Everyone loved that guitar and said something was wring with my ears but I never cared for it. I can't remember who bought but I hope they love it. It was a really nice looking guitar and truly road worn. 100% original.

I would have taken it to a guitar tech" and had it trained.. thats what I had to do with my LP. That pesky out of tune G string was driving me insane.

23 hours ago, Bapu said:

image.png.8b4aae040953ec050bec3918c17c1013.png

Might be the 1997 is a fake. They had a huge dust up about the fake Fenders in the late 90's and early 2000's.

3 hours ago, Bapu said:

My Gibson EB3 was made in Kalamazoo 1971-1972

Holy Smoke, A guitar made at the Kalamazoo mother ship🤯 

Speaking of Kalamazoo, I just finished a book called Kalamazoo Gals. Dang good read..

KG.jpg.1f76c63261b706d04d5380e6e2b500a2.jpg

15 hours ago, treesha said:

thanks for the link, i dont think the id i got was for a bass guitar there.  I think once long ago I found info about it, not sure where that might be anymore

Sometimes you get several results & have to do more research like nut width, headstock differences etc, ..- here's my '66 335..

1863050052_335_PhotoJun29111520AM.thumb.jpg.d718c4039af52156969b0835aa5e0b43.jpg

1966_335.jpg

Edited by hsm

27 minutes ago, Old Joad said:

wow thats a beauty💘 Did you have it converted to a south-paw or did you buy it that way?

38 minutes ago, Bapu said:

Did you pay extra for those additional 6 holes?

I'll get me coat.

Yes I did !  I had it done in Detroit by a luthier named 'Kindly Ole Uncle Orrin'. He converted this to a lefty around 1979. I found it in a ma & pa shop sitting up against the wall when I was playing  in Paducah, KY.. He said it was his son's & was selling it. I picked it up for $250.00.

He also was selling this Boogie which I also purchased ( I was heavy into Carlton at the time)

boogie_LP.jpg

10 minutes ago, hsm said:

Yes I did !  I had it done in Detroit by a luthier named 'Kindly Ole Uncle Orrin'. He converted this to a lefty around 1979. I found it in a ma & pa shop sitting up against the wall when I was playing  in Paducah, KY.. He said it was his son's & was selling it. I picked it up for $250.00.

He also was selling this Boogie which I also purchased ( I was heavy into Carlton at the time)

boogie_LP.jpg

Great Deal, BTW Nice gold top👍

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, hsm said:

Yeah, love Alvin or maybe pluging them like Carlos....

On second thought, consider Babs Streisand who said she would never get a nose job for fear it would change her voice.

Leave the holes. Great conversation starter. I'm sure the ladies will dig it.

Edited by Bapu
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Old Joad said:

Easier to carry it around👍

Or... get some really long cable ties, loop it through the holes and you have your strap. No need for a strap locking system.

Edited by Bapu
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Old Joad changed the title to Find out when & where your Guitar was made