Save projects to a storage disk

Chpape

Hello,
I installed an HDD on my new PC to assign Cakewalk projects to, but I realize that the Audio Data is still stored on a folder on the main SSD that I don't want to overload. How can I set up the backup of the projects so that the whole thing is assigned directly to the storage drive?
Thanks in advance.

Phil.

18 hours ago, John Vere said:

Project audio should not be going to the global folder if you do things properly. 
In preferences under folders set your project pathway to your new drive and folder. 
Always make sure you check the copy audio box when saving new projects 

Ah, but they do go there if you record/import audio to a project before saving it with an actual path set up.

7 minutes ago, Kevin Perry said:

Ah, but they do go there if you record/import audio to a project before saving it with an actual path set up.

Yes which is is exactly why you shouldn’t do that. One should be in the habit of always naming and saving before adding anything to a new project when using templates 

Thats one point against the start screen. The old dialogue box accessed from File/New  allows you to name your project and choose the location. It seems the start screen was not well thought out.