Проблемы с активацией программы

fart65

On 9/18/2021 at 5:41 PM, fart65 said:

У меня есть учетная запись на сайте https://www.bandlab.com/products/cakewalk.   У меня установлена программа Cakewalk by BandLab. Но сейчас не могу возобновить в ней работу и создавать новые фонограммы, потому что появляется сообщение Activation required. Saving is disabled until you activate Cakewalk. 
Насколько я понимаю, мне надо найти  Help > Refresh Activation. Я только не знаю, где это находится. Подскажите, пожалуйста. 

Вы найдете это в справке 

Прошу прощения, если мой русский не так хорош, но я полагаюсь на переводчика

If a person wishes to use their native tongue in these forums so be it.  There is no part of the TOU that state one must speak English so those requiring the OP to use English you are somewhat out of line.

Keep it polite people or this thread will be locked .

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Wookiee said:

If a person wishes to use their native tongue in these forums so be it.  There is no part of the TOU that state one must speak English so those requiring the OP to use English you are somewhat out of line.

That was my impression. May be adding "preferred communication language is English" to the TOU as well as one single "International" board (for those who don't want or can't use English, threads like this one can be moved there instead of deleting or confusing some people) is a good idea. But that is up to BandLab.

I am so used to be in multi-lingual environment (up to 5-6 different languages in parallel within one room) that I don't feel anything unusual once someone write/speak in any language (known or unknown for me). But I understand that can be confusing (as it was for me 25+ years ago).

What I find really confusing is proposal "please write in English" (written in English) to someone who has used some other language... And even more confusing the same proposal to someone who has replied using the language of the question... That make no sense for me (unlike for example a suggestion to repeat the question in English, written in original language). 

• Like 3
  • Great Idea 1

13 hours ago, John Vere said:

I live in Grand Forks BC. 

They got a lot of cacti in British Columbia? 😁

I'm glad to see Cakewalk becoming more international and more people coming here for advice. I'm even happier when one of the forum members can answer in the OP's language.

• Like 3

On 9/19/2021 at 6:07 PM, pwalpwal said:

@Teegarden care to join the discussion?

Sorry, a bit late to the party...😌

Here is my humble opinion:

Why posting in English?

1. Most importantly, because one of our highly appreciated bakers kindly asked to do so: Please post in English
  2. Because you are more likely to get responses from other users (as explained in the inserted post here above)
  3. It takes more time to read the posts and try to understand what's been written if you first need to translate them with one of the online translation options. I don't have much time so I automatically skip non-English posts
  4. Personally, I don't like the idea that I would bother someone else with a question that he/she first needs to translate (btw, English is not my mother tongue).
    Luckily, there are always nice folks on the forum willing to pay that effort (for me that spirit is one of the reasons this forum is so great!)    
  5. (from another internet forum): Machine translations (e.g. Google Translate) can be inaccurate, and even human translations risk distorting the intended meaning of the post. It's up to the author to make sure that their post fits the quality standards of the site; if they don't, it reduces their chance of getting a good answer (in the case of a question) or that their post will be well-received

• Like 1

It is a shame that American Hubris is still active.  It is a well known fact we are a 2nd language poor nation.

IMHO, If you can reply then do so.  If the language is out of your league, don't respond.  Too many of the repsonses had negative connotations.  If the original was in Russian, do you really expect the individual to understand.  If he did, I'm sure he would be offended.

Frankly, Americans need to be more responsible.  This is a global community, the world is a global community and too me, the "Write in English" reminds me of the personage in the "Ugly American".