Omnisphere Upgrade

Bajan Blue

Hi - I have Omnishpere 1 but am having real issues trying to authorise on my new Computer - the challenge code which comes up on the authorisation screen that comes up when you load it is corrupted - so I considered an upgrade to V2 - the best price I can find is either on best service or Specratsoncis themselves, which is 249 dollars - anyone now a better deal or if it ever goes on sale - Black Friday perhaps??

Thanks

Nigel

Edited by Bajan Blue

Hi Nigel. same thing happened to me, v1 became unstable. I was loathe to upgrade all these years, did so last year. Try Musicians Friend, they do a 10 or so percent off of things quite often. Now $222 USD. https://www.musiciansfriend.com/pro-audio/spectrasonics-omnisphere-2-upgrade?pdpSearchTerm=omnisphere&tNtt=Omnisphere&tAt=item&tAv=Spectrasonics Omnisphere 2 Upgrade

May not work if you are in South Africa or such?

The upgrade itself is pretty nice if a bit underwhelming, it's a lot more patches piled on top of a lot of great patches already.

First off, if you haven't already, I'd be talking to Spectrasonics about the issue. They're pretty quick to respond to issues in my experience. In terms of upgrade cost, I got 20% off @ T&S using T&S voucher, but that was pure luck that it came just as I was about to buy.  Spectrasonics don't do sales, but personally I don't mind that - better than buying it and then seeing it's 50% off the following week - at least you know where you are with them, right?  The arp function is very much improved in the newer version if you use that type of thing. I didn't bite on upgrading v.1 until 2.6 version, but I don't regret it.