Indiginus vs IK Resonator

fret_man

I sent an email to Indiginus to explain the difference between their Resonator and IK's Resonator (since it also comes from Indiginus)  but they never responded. Does anyone here know what the differences are? Is it just the GUI? Do they both use the same sound set? Do they both have access to the same articulations? Thanks,

They are functionally one and the same. At least, that's what IKM contends.

Of course, Sampletank is not nearly as tweak-able as Kontakt, so if you're one of those types that likes to go under the hood and tweak instruments, you may find a few things that Kontakt lets you do that Sampletank does not.

You get keyswitches and articulations in IK, but no Indigenus GUI like you see in the Kontakt version. Kontakt also offers a solo mode and a chords mode.

The walkthrough videos on the respective product sites give the details, but here a couple of screen grabs that highlight the major difference in the GUI.

IK Resonator.JPG

Kontakt Resonator Solo.JPG

Kontakt Resonator Chords.JPG

Thanks, everyone. I'll probably wait and get the IK version when I upgrade to Total Studio Max 4, whenever that will be. In the meantime, I'll get the Indiginus version this BF (if it's on sale). IK's GUI just seems a little, um, odd, to me. Don't know why exactly. 

IK's GUI does not seem as well suited for an instrument like this with so many articulation, picking, and strumming options.

The IK Resonator walkthrough video shows that you have to select and load from a list of pre-configured instruments to access everything.

For example, the picking styles make use of the SampleTank 4 PHRASER, so a different view is used for that. You load the designated instrument, then click on the ST4 Groove Players icon.

And in order to access the strumming feature, again you must you load the instrument that uses the ST4 STRUMMER, then switch to ST4 Groove Players, for yet another view.

Cumbersome workflow? You decide...