Downloaded sample pack to Media Browser??

Gary Shore

Question

Back over here looking for some feedback about something new but beforehand wanted to thank everyone again who took the time to help me figure things out relating to storage/moving Project Files a few  weeks back;as I posted then,great to know there's a  supportive knowledgeable community of Cakewalk experts over here to check things with....

Anyways-

Installed Arturia Analog ab Lite a couple of weeks ago and been focusing in on it,getting a sense of what's what...initially I was playing some of the default Media Browser files through it,drag-dropping them to a track etcetc,but found a keyboard-focused sample pack I figured would give me a better idea of what the different instruments/presets sounded like....

First time I've gotten into this and being new to the computer OS-specific stuff involved,decided to post this thread instead of looking around online for the info..know I've seen the steps involved explained in one of the many softsynth-focused tutorials I've studied and have the link to saved in one of my email folders but since I wasn't sure which one.....

Just took a look at the folder in my Downloads,saw that they're wav.files except for one subfolder w/MIDI files and was glad to see that as luck would have it they're all Cakewalk MIDI so I'm sure things will be compatible....

Checking Downloads in the Media Browser I didn't see them listed,only a few of the Downloads folders were there(fortunately, as I have a lot of them!!)....also "Extract"kept flashing when I checked the samples folder itself....

Wasn't sure how to proceed,whether extracting things is necessary,and where to move the folder/what to do(Preferences settings?)to get them up and active in the Media Browser....rather than trying some of the options that came to mind(i.e.copying the folder to the Music folder or another location instead of it's current Downloads location)figured checking w/people over here would be a better choice....

Update-checked the manual and realized all I had to do was select the "Show all files and folders" Media Browser option-selected it and saw it the folder,clicked on it and saw it there by itself  OK right away...but still glad I set up this thread as  getting some ideas about all this stuff(Analog Lab Lite/Media Browser etc)from people for whom dealing w/things like this is a no-brainer is still something I'm interested in....

Actually still wondering if there's a way to get the parent folder to same location as the other similar folders-Audio Library/MIDI Groove Clips/PTN MIDI Files/Sample Content(this would probably be where it would go I'm thinking)that show up in the dropdown menu when you click the arrow on the right there in the Media Browser instead of where it is now(part of Downloads still)....

Continuing-saw this in the Reference Guide-

"Save Content Location Preset . Save the current folder as a Content Location preset.

By default, the folder name is used as the preset name, but you can type any desired name before you click the Save Content Location Preset button."

Clicked on the square icon at the top right where you do this,saw that it's now is on the list referred to in the previous paragraph but when I clicked on it,instead of opening I got the pop-up-

"The selected content location referenced missing files-C/User/Owner/Downloads/(folder name)-zip."

Double-checked/re-opened the folder itself in the Media Browser,verified all the subfolders were there..is the pop-up related to what I was asking about earlier above re-"Extract"....???

Edited by Gary Shore

10 answers to this question

1 hour ago, Gary Shore said:

...Clicked on the square icon at the top right where you do this,saw that it's now is on the list referred to in the previous paragraph but when I clicked on it,instead of opening I got the pop-up-

"The selected content location referenced missing files-C/User/Owner/Downloads/(folder name)-zip."

Double-checked/re-opened the folder itself in the Media Browser,verified all the subfolders were there..is the pop-up related to what I was asking about earlier above re-"Extract"....???

Very likely. Use windows fileexplorer and go to C/User/Owner/Downloads/(folder name)-zip and rightclick on the "(folder name)-zip" and i think you should find an option to extract there. Or you could open a second fileexplorer window and make a folder named "your namechoice". Then move the files from "(folder name)-zip"to it. They will be copied there and are no longer compressed and can now be used in Cakewalk.

I think windows has the ability to extract zipfiles in the rightclick menu. Personally i have downloaded and installed 7zip. Which is a free software that is able to extract lot of different compressed formats like zip, rar, ace and more.

Hey Kurre!!

Good to see you're still actively involved over here-again appreciate your replies on my threads last year asking about Melodyne/Jamstix4-fortunately got my skill set together w/both....

Thx for the info above-thought that was what what was going on..will check this out a little later on once I get back to things.....

Glad to know I can add you to the list of "computer-focused stuff"experts over here I can check things with....like I mentioned above,been focusing on this stuff in the context of file storage.....

All good-this worked but led to some audio engine dropout problems-buffer size was @ max so couldn't increase it re -#1>

Audio processing took longer than the buffers allotted time slice.

Increase the Buffer Size value in Edit > Preferences > Audio - Driver Settings.

however did a Wave Profiler WASABI scan-

==== High Definition Audio Device (0 in, 1 out) ====

8000 Hz: not available

11025 Hz: not available

22050 Hz: not available

44100 Hz: Channels 1,2 -- Bits 16,24,24(4 bytes),32 -- OK

48000 Hz: Channels 1,2 -- Bits 16,24,24(4 bytes),32 -- OK

88200 Hz: Channels 1,2 -- Bits 16,24,24(4 bytes),32 -- OK

96000 Hz: Channels 1,2 -- Bits 16,24,24(4 bytes),32 -- OK

176400 Hz: not available

192000 Hz: Channels 1,2 -- Bits 16,24,24(4 bytes),32 -- OK

352800 Hz: not available

384000 Hz: not available

which seems to have fixed the problem...

Any continued feedback about everything in this thread appreciated.....

Bdickens-

Excuse me man!!Actually was out at the local Smart and Final earlier and was checking dry roasted edamame which I usually get,the only kind they had was WASABI...hence the confusion..my bad...but appreciate you posting and if you have anything relevant i.e.in terms of the results of the WASAPI I posted above etc,be interested man as TBCH just familiarizing myself w/this stuff..

For people who see this thread since I figured things out yesterday after the first reply, interested in any info re-above copy/paste....

(WASA(B)/(P)I)focus notwithstanding!!

as I'm interested in understanding the kinds of things you have to do when you get the "Audio Engine Dropout" message w/the different numbers....